ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I enter the UK twice to work? -already had a visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

CandyG
Newly Registered

Can I enter the UK twice to work? -already had a visa

Post by CandyG » Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:57 am

Hello

Im hoping someone can give me some advice as my situation is really quite complicated. I will try to be as basic as possible
Im a Canadian citizen, I had a working holiday visa about 7 years ago for the UK whilst I was there, I am aware that you can only ever have one.
Whilst I was in the UK I met my husband, we got married in Canada, I got a 2 year spousal visa for the UK. 6 months before expiry of the visa he was unfaithful so I left my job and house and everything in the UK. I am currently divorced. I have not been in the UK for 3 years.

I have fallen in love with an old friend of 8 years from the UK and we are very much in love (omg!) ..you can imagine Im not really sure how to go about this.

Is there another way to work in the UK for a couple of years?
I do not have a trade just sevral years experience in the hotel industry.
If we ever get married is immigration going to be a complete nightmare to me because Ive had an english husband before?

what a nightmare! Any advice is greatly appreciated thank you very much.

krazydude
Member of Standing

Post by krazydude » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:46 am

If you have all the divorce documents in order and did not overstay in UK, then you could look at applying under a Tier 1 Highly Skilled General Migrant Visa (keeping your hotel industry experience in mind).

If the visa is granted, you can come over to the UK, look for work and see how it goes between you and your friend.

Check out the point calculator link below

http://www.workpermit.com/uk/uk-immigra ... ulator.htm

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:28 am

Unfortunately, Tier 1 (General) is now closed to applications from abroad.

What's your old friend's UK status?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

CandyG
Newly Registered

Post by CandyG » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:18 pm

vinny wrote:Unfortunately, Tier 1 (General) is now closed to applications from abroad.

What's your old friend's UK status?
It would figure that it wouldn't be easy! All my divorce documents are in order, I followed the law to a T, no overstays or anything, I probably could of stayed to the end of my visa I just didnt feel like it was right, and under the circumstances just could bare to be there anymore .

My old friend is a British Citizen living in the United Kingdom

kenfrapin

Post by kenfrapin » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:28 pm

CandyG wrote: All my divorce documents are in order, I followed the law to a T, no overstays or anything
Then, Candy, there will not be any problem entering the UK. Around the question of working here, the only way (which you may probably accept wholeheartedly) is to get married to your friend and move over. Immigration including finally settling here will never be a problem as you have everything in order. If you have the thought in the back of your mind that the Home Office may wonder if you are conning English men to come here then dont!!!
You were here a long time back and things dint work out - it happens. And now you have met someone who you know very well and that will come across if you have any interviews with the Home Office so it will be fine.

Regarding work as such then Tier 1 visas have been stopped from abroad as mentioned. If you do want to meet up first before tying the know then come over on a Tourist Visa. But if its work you want to do as you guys plan your special day then it may be difficult.

All the best to you both and hope things work out!
KP

CandyG
Newly Registered

Post by CandyG » Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:41 pm

kenfrapin wrote:
CandyG wrote: All my divorce documents are in order, I followed the law to a T, no overstays or anything
Then, Candy, there will not be any problem entering the UK. Around the question of working here, the only way (which you may probably accept wholeheartedly) is to get married to your friend and move over. Immigration including finally settling here will never be a problem as you have everything in order. If you have the thought in the back of your mind that the Home Office may wonder if you are conning English men to come here then dont!!!
You were here a long time back and things dint work out - it happens. And now you have met someone who you know very well and that will come across if you have any interviews with the Home Office so it will be fine.

Regarding work as such then Tier 1 visas have been stopped from abroad as mentioned. If you do want to meet up first before tying the know then come over on a Tourist Visa. But if its work you want to do as you guys plan your special day then it may be difficult.

All the best to you both and hope things work out!
KP
Yayy!! I was a bit worried that marrying a British Citizen a second time would make Home Office go *what is this girl doing* but at the end of the day we are crazy about eachother we have been friends for yearsss so If Home Office had any questions Id be more then happy to answer them! I've always had a lot of respect for Immigration laws and laws in general, I'm sure they won't have an issue.

I was mainly looking for a way where we could both live and work for a little while just so there is no pressure on the relationship. I found that my employer here in Canada is willing to attempt to sponsor him because he is really very intelligent and has a good strong business backround, how lucky am I! haha

That being said....he asked for my ring size yesterday?!?! and Im going to the UK for a one week visit in 2 weeks to show my Australian friend around the sites and I will deffo be dropping by to see him! omg! lol Going to have a heart attack! haha

Thank you very much for your advice and best wishes you have been very helpful!