ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:38 pm

Brother1966,

are you working now ? if yes then ensure that you keep working and update them with a letter stating the following:

You worked for 10 years and lost your job in October 2010 and collected employment entitlement (because you are entitled to do as you contributed..that is why you should use the word employment entitlement) from October 2010 till <?>. That you are now for <your company> from <your company address>.

And enclosed all the payslips (and any P60 if you have any even from your last job that you did not send to INIS) you have received since joining <your company>.

That will sort you out.

Nanette

Brother1966 wrote:Can someone tell me how the social welfare report can affect my application.

Here is my position:I worked for 10 yrs continuously from 2000 on work permits,stamp 4 and now on stamp 5,never claimed social welfare until October 2010 when I lost my job.

Submitted application for citizenship in Sept 2009 and given a reference number but not yet informed of anything.

Sinolate
Newly Registered

Post by Sinolate » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:35 pm

strongbow wrote:
Brother1966 wrote:Can someone tell me how the social welfare report can affect my application.

Here is my position:I worked for 10 yrs continuously from 2000 on work permits,stamp 4 and now on stamp 5,never claimed social welfare until October 2010 when I lost my job.

Submitted application for citizenship in Sept 2009 and given a reference number but not yet informed of anything.
The main reason for checking the social welfare report is to ensure that you are not dependent on the Govt for support. Personally I would think that you have taken a risk by claiming social welfare when your citizenship is being processed, but you will come to know in a few months time.
Hi Strongbow,
The main reason you've supplied is correct but I'm not sure about the other half of your sentence. I don't think there should be any risk to be honest. I know asylum seekers who'd taken refugee status, never took up a job, and applied for naturalisation and got it within the expected time and they can hardly put a sentence together in English (no offence to anybody, this is not a generalisation). I got laid off with the recession and I was in full-time permanent employment before that. It's not my fault (just like it isn't in other people's cases), just the economic downturn... It'd be harsh to punish the unemployed, particularly if they've had tax and PRSI contributions down the years.

Just my opinion.... I could be wrong.

strongbow
Member of Standing

Post by strongbow » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:29 am

Sinolate wrote:
strongbow wrote:

The main reason for checking the social welfare report is to ensure that you are not dependent on the Govt for support. Personally I would think that you have taken a risk by claiming social welfare when your citizenship is being processed, but you will come to know in a few months time.
Hi Strongbow,
The main reason you've supplied is correct but I'm not sure about the other half of your sentence. I don't think there should be any risk to be honest. I know asylum seekers who'd taken refugee status, never took up a job, and applied for naturalisation and got it within the expected time and they can hardly put a sentence together in English (no offence to anybody, this is not a generalisation). I got laid off with the recession and I was in full-time permanent employment before that. It's not my fault (just like it isn't in other people's cases), just the economic downturn... It'd be harsh to punish the unemployed, particularly if they've had tax and PRSI contributions down the years.

Sorry for being skeptical, that's just the way things happen here, and indeed in most countries. Bankers and politicians and property developers can get away with anything whereas the honest working person gets screwed even for the slightest mistake!!

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:56 pm

Sinolate wrote: Hi Strongbow,
Asylum seekers application is dealt differently. Don't think there will be any checks made whether they have claimed SW or not.

Latan

Post by Latan » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:39 pm

....tried this so-called "hot-line"....(062)-32500 for 15 mins. between 11am and 12pm today- then another 17 mins. after 12pm- not being funny, but do they actually attend to telephone queries ? From what i've experienced it really sounds like they are not doing their job like they should- only a pre-recorded message and some music in the background !! If that's the case rather state it on the official web-site so customers don't waste their precious money...and time !!

HOTSPURS

Post by HOTSPURS » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:06 am

Latan wrote:....tried this so-called "hot-line"....(062)-32500 for 15 mins. between 11am and 12pm today- then another 17 mins. after 12pm- not being funny, but do they actually attend to telephone queries ? From what i've experienced it really sounds like they are not doing their job like they should- only a pre-recorded message and some music in the background !! If that's the case rather state it on the official web-site so customers don't waste their precious money...and time !!
A friend of mine got thru after 20 min. Only to be asked 'are you still working? it's been so long since you sent additional docs, why don't you send your latest payslips & P21 again?' this is their latest knack to fob off people who call :twisted:

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:46 am

HOTSPURS wrote: A friend of mine got thru after 20 min. Only to be asked 'are you still working? it's been so long since you sent additional docs, why don't you send your latest payslips & P21 again?' this is their latest knack to fob off people who call :twisted:
That's just disaster.

From now on, I'll send my payslips directly to Tipp office every month ;-)

Latan

Post by Latan » Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:30 pm

A friend of mine got thru after 20 min. Only to be asked 'are you still working? it's been so long since you sent additional docs, why don't you send your latest payslips & P21 again?' this is their latest knack to fob off people who call :twisted:[/quote]........TANX, for tip- will send every document that i can lay my hands on that relates to my employment....2 friends came back last week and were asked the same question relating to their employment-status when they proceeded thru the immigration-checkpoint at DAP.... :!:

Sinolate
Newly Registered

Post by Sinolate » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:13 pm

Hey lads,

A good friend of mine just went to the court in Cork today to take his oath.
He got his decision on Monday.

Applied February 2009.
Refugee Status (Stamp 4)
He was never asked for any further documents since his original application date and was never contacted for the duration of the application processing.

He waited a total of 23 months.

Latan

Post by Latan » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:34 pm

Is it better to apply for citizenship by means of naturalisation if you are a refugee in this country...??? Because i've met them as well- never worked once they arrived- they earned approx. 20 euro per week....and they own more than one car !! Great little island.... :)

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:37 pm

Latan wrote:Is it better to apply for citizenship by means of naturalisation if you are a refugee in this country...??? Because i've met them as well- never worked once they arrived- they earned approx. 20 euro per week....and they own more than one car !! Great little island.... :)
Am glad you finally figured that out Latan. Welcome to Ireland my friend :wink: :D

Latan

Post by Latan » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:50 pm

...yeah....did some work for the reception and integration agency-/ dept. of justice in a place called "Mosney"....during 2003 and i was told it's a "cash-cow" for whoever ownes these establishments (b &b's....and hotels which were not making a profit.....ha-ha-ha------u just can't beat the paddy hey ? That's why there were so many that came during the "boom-years" !!

Latan

Post by Latan » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:58 pm

....but it wasn't the irish-taxpayer that picked up the bill- they're to stingy anyway !! All that money came from the EU (Brussels).....but it did create short- to medium-term employment for the money-hungry "paddies"...

fatty patty

Post by fatty patty » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:50 pm

Latan wrote: Is it better to apply for citizenship by means of naturalisation if you are a refugee in this country...??? Because i've met them as well- never worked once they arrived- they earned approx. 20 euro per week....and they own more than one car !! Great little island....
I dont think so latan, that is a stereotypical image my friend. The ones who get 20 quids a week and live in B&Bs are the ones waiting for their decision for 2-3 years for their refugee status to be processed and not allowed to take up work etc ... refugee app process times takes pretty much same time as naturalization nowadays (in short term a JOKE). But the ones who got their status approved they can apply for citizenship and get it in less time i heard then the ones who are waiting on say permit/irish spousal etc.
....but it wasn't the irish-taxpayer that picked up the bill- they're to stingy anyway !! All that money came from the EU (Brussels).....but it did create short- to medium-term employment for the money-hungry "paddies"...
I disagree, its the Irish state that picks up the bill on them through Department of Justice budget, as immigration/asylum/courts/garda they all fall under DoJ so its DoJ responsibility to fund all of them. Now how do they fund these B&B and certain elite who pockets shit load of money that is a good point.

There is a lull in the amount of people receiving harp envelope is maybe due to changeover in this govt happening soon, ministers/TDs getting distracted by other affairs and stuff...lets hope this govt goes pronto and new one comes in with better vision and policies and overhaul this friggin waiting game with exact timeline on all matters.

Latan

Post by Latan » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:24 am

My irish friend told me to go to the what used-to-be the IBIS-hotel in Galway City...and see what's going on there...

god help us
Newly Registered

Post by god help us » Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:03 pm

Hi Anyone whom applied in Sep 2008 and got their CTN

i applied in Sep 2008 and call them last week told me to what one more year as we are dealing with the mid 68/2000/08 number now im new and would like to say hi to all its seems we are all struggling

smalltime

Post by smalltime » Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:50 pm

9jeirean wrote:
Latan wrote:Is it better to apply for citizenship by means of naturalisation if you are a refugee in this country...??? Because i've met them as well- never worked once they arrived- they earned approx. 20 euro per week....and they own more than one car !! Great little island.... :)
Am glad you finally figured that out Latan. Welcome to Ireland my friend :wink: :D
heres a real story a friend of mine works for a hospital and earns around 4000 euros a month
the tax he pays is almost half he earns because of levies etc especially when he does overtimes its like free.
he is still waiting for his naturalisation approval so wife can work hes on stamp 4 wife on stamp 3. they have 3 children.
point is people out there working their asses out (especially public sector) and paying a lot of tax, while others doesnt and just wait to recieve from government and gets their application faster!? they should be equal at least like 23 months for those who contribute to the money for Ireland to run. what ya tink?

good luck to all waiting.
pen pen de sarapin de kutsilyo de armasen
haw haw de karabaw de batutin

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:33 pm

smalltime wrote: heres a real story a friend of mine works for a hospital and earns around 4000 euros a month
the tax he pays is almost half he earns because of levies etc especially when he does overtimes its like free.
he is still waiting for his naturalisation approval so wife can work hes on stamp 4 wife on stamp 3. they have 3 children.
point is people out there working their asses out (especially public sector) and paying a lot of tax, while others doesnt and just wait to recieve from government and gets their application faster!? they should be equal at least like 23 months for those who contribute to the money for Ireland to run. what ya tink?

good luck to all waiting.
Hi smalltime, it's been an age. Frankly speaking, does it matter what we think? I mean look at the Muppet show going on in the Dáil Éireann and there you'll have your answers. Whatever rationale or socio-political ideology that influenced prioritizing people who are not contributing (and probably may never contribute) a dime over tax paying members of a country is certainly doomed. Little wonder we are where we are.

To be honest, very little surprises me around here anymore. There's an old wise saying that says 'It is futile trying to bend a dry stick. Nuff said.

It is my hope that all waiting for response from the DoJ gets their responses soonest.

Slán

9j

HOTSPURS

Post by HOTSPURS » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:40 pm

god help us wrote:Hi Anyone whom applied in Sep 2008 and got their CTN

i applied in Sep 2008 and call them last week told me to what one more year as we are dealing with the mid 68/2000/08 number now im new and would like to say hi to all its seems we are all struggling
Folks, Some good news atlast. Got thru after 25 mins. A very nice lady named Patricia answered. File was sent to minister's office on Jan 13th - my ref is 47-- (i applied in Jun 2008). That's not all, my friend's file whose ref is 48-- (he applied in Jun 2008 as well) has also been sent to Minister on Jan 18th. Another friend whose ref is 55--(applied Jul 2008) was also sent to Minister's office on Jan 18th

until lastweek we were all told that a reminder had been sent to Gardai for the report.

Keeping fingers & toes crossed now :)

fatty patty

Post by fatty patty » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:01 pm

HOTSPURS wrote:
god help us wrote:Hi Anyone whom applied in Sep 2008 and got their CTN

Folks, Some good news atlast. Got thru after 25 mins. A very nice lady named Patricia answered. File was sent to minister's office on Jan 13th - my ref is 47-- (i applied in Jun 2008). That's not all, my friend's file whose ref is 48-- (he applied in Jun 2008 as well) has also been sent to Minister on Jan 18th. Another friend whose ref is 55--(applied Jul 2008) was also sent to Minister's office on Jan 18th

until lastweek we were all told that a reminder had been sent to Gardai for the report.

Keeping fingers & toes crossed now :)
Good news indeed hotspurs, this means another couple of weeks and then you lot are sorted, wheel certainly in motion not as fast as hoped though.

aswadref

Post by aswadref » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:29 pm

HOTSPURS Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:40 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

god help us wrote:
Hi Anyone whom applied in Sep 2008 and got their CTN

Keeping fingers & toes crossed now

it took exact five weeks in my case after my file was sent to the minster

crown

Post by crown » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:45 pm

Latan wrote:....but it wasn't the irish-taxpayer that picked up the bill- they're to stingy anyway !! All that money came from the EU (Brussels).....but it did create short- to medium-term employment for the money-hungry "paddies"...
Rubbish! Where did you get that from? Brussels pays asylum seekers!!!
Man get your facts
Let us face it the Irish state spent that money Please always go for facts
I really do not think it is proper to belittle the Irish state and people on this forum
However I still do not have citizenship after applying almost 4 years ago!!!
Thanks
Crown

fatty patty

Post by fatty patty » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:20 pm

crown wrote:I still do not have citizenship after applying almost 4 years ago!!!
:shock:

scrudu

Post by scrudu » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:49 pm

Just a request to people to update/add their citizenship application dates to http://www.editgrid.com/user/scrudu/citizenship_apps

It's easier to see progress there than trawling through 175 pages of posts. Thanks!

Our dates: hubbie applied for citizenship in Nov 2009 as spouse of Irish citizen, so far no progress ....

asrpb

Post by asrpb » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:43 am

HOTSPURS wrote:Folks, Some good news atlast------
Good to hear that buddy. You are not that far away from your red passport now :)

I'm still waiting for my cert.