ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP to ILR Query

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kasif
Newly Registered

HSMP to ILR Query

Post by kasif » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:54 pm

Dear All,

Can somebody please resolve my mystery because I am struggling to get the correct answer.

My Query is that.

I got my HSMP approval letter in Feb 2006 and based on that approval I applied for the Entry Clearance but unfortunately my visa was refused but luckily I got the chance to appeal against the decision which I did and In March 2007 I have my HSMP visa for 2 years.

In Feb 2009 I sent my application for extension and got the extension for another 3 years i.e. March 2010 based on HSMP JR.

So Now my question is when exactly I can apply for Indefinite visa and which rule I need to follow. Is it 4 years one or 5 years one because I have got the approval before April 2006 even though the case was refused but I won the appeal and got the visa.

Can somebody please help me in this matter.

I also would like to know if I am eligible to apply for Indefinite under 4 years rule then which documents I need to submit.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:39 pm

You should be able to apply for settlement after completing 4 years's stay in the UK.

regards