ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child Visa Application Interview help

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

uklogbn
Newly Registered

Child Visa Application Interview help

Post by uklogbn » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:04 pm

Hi All,
I need some advice I’m British with Italian wife I applied for EEA visa for my Daughter age 14 that currently live with my Mum in Nigeria, she was first refused base on I didn’t supply our original Marriage certificate.
I re- applied again with all the original documents I even included my wife original I.D my Daughter birth Certificate I also include my own birth certificate.

However after 3 weeks they called my Mum today that wants my daughter to come to the embassy for an interview and she should also need to bring proves of relationship.

My question is I do not know what type of more proves they want us to supply, to prove our relationship. She is only 14 I’m surprise they even called her for an interview.
Do any one think is a good idea for me to fly out to Nigeria and attend the interview with her so if the embassy require a DNA sample to prove our relationship then I’m happy to do it. What shoud we be expecting on the interview date e.g type of question

Regards,

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:33 pm

What exactly are you applying for? There is no such thing as an EEA visa. Since you are British on what basis is your daughter applying? What is her nationality?

uklogbn
Newly Registered

Post by uklogbn » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:54 pm

Thanks, I applied for EEA family permit she holds a Nigeria passport the reason why I applied for that is becuase is free of charge. I know being a British I can invite her myself but wow it cost about £1,250 for settlement Visa I don’t have such money to give to the embassy

Regards,

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:28 pm

So she is also the daughter of your wife who is Italian?

uklogbn
Newly Registered

Post by uklogbn » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:24 pm

No she is her step daughter

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:34 pm

Somehow I fail to see how your daughter would be eligible for an EEA FP unless you had been exercising treaty rights previously but I think she would then also have been required to be living with you. The only other possibility I can see is that your wife is the legal mother or she had been living with your daughter in Nigeria and now both come to the UK. Otherwise I just can't see the EEA context.

uklogbn
Newly Registered

Post by uklogbn » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:55 pm

I used to leave in Italy before, me and my wife moved to UK 10 years ago as an EEA family member. She used to live with me when I was in Nigeria, the reason why I haven’t asked her to join me was I joined the Army 2002 due to work commitment and operation tours I hardly stayed in the UK for not more than six month at a time before re-deployment.
I’m out of the Army now which I believe is time for her to come as stay with me.
Also she lost her mum when she was just 2 month; she has been staying with her grandmother ever since.