ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

litu1

Re: Supporting documents back

Post by litu1 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:05 pm

litu1 wrote:
litu1 wrote:hi every one... I have just received a post from UKBA. They have returned
all of my supporting documents but Life in the UK test certificate.
On the letter it says,
"A decision has been taken on your application and you will shortly receive notification of that decision, along with any valuable documents that were submitted such as Passport etc."

I'm a little confused as they haven't mention anything whether the decision is positive or negative, also they haven't sent my Life in the UK certificate back.

Please friends put some light on this darkness.
Please comment if anyone has experienced the similar situation... thanks in advance
Guess what !!!!!!! what a happy day.......
Got my passport with ILR this morning.
It takes just over 10 weeks
thanks every one for the help and support

santosh386
Newly Registered

Post by santosh386 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:21 pm

litu1 wrote:
litu1 wrote:
litu1 wrote:hi every one... I have just received a post from UKBA. They have returned
all of my supporting documents but Life in the UK test certificate.
On the letter it says,
"A decision has been taken on your application and you will shortly receive notification of that decision, along with any valuable documents that were submitted such as Passport etc."

I'm a little confused as they haven't mention anything whether the decision is positive or negative, also they haven't sent my Life in the UK certificate back.

Please friends put some light on this darkness.
Please comment if anyone has experienced the similar situation... thanks in advance

Congratulations!!!
Keep posting, ur experience will help others!
Good Luck ahead.. :) What is the stamping date on the visa?
I am still waiting for my ILR hope it arrives soon

calvtan

Post by calvtan » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:52 pm

litu1 wrote:
Hello litu1,

Many congratulations!

Do you mind me asking when (i.e. date) you actually sent out your application? I am in the 9.5 weeks period.. and still waiting and pondering...

Thanks and enjoy the new found freedom from UK Visa worries...

calvtan

p/s did PM you same q's too...

litu1

Post by litu1 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:45 am

calvtan wrote:
litu1 wrote:
Hello litu1,

Many congratulations!

Do you mind me asking when (i.e. date) you actually sent out your application? I am in the 9.5 weeks period.. and still waiting and pondering...

Thanks and enjoy the new found freedom from UK Visa worries...

calvtan

p/s did PM you same q's too...
Thanks Calvtan / Santosh

my status was
Student + Work permit + student = 10 yrs
No gaps, every time long overlapping between two visa.
No criminal record but I had a CCJ (paid in full) which I have
declared on the application form.

Application post : 10/11/2010
Application received : 11/11/2010
Payment taken(credit card) : 11/11/2010
Ack. received : 15/11/2010
Supporting documents back: 20/01/2011
Passport with ILR received : 21/01/2011.
it took just over 10 weeks.....

VISA dated on 17/01/2011

I wish you all the best
Last edited by litu1 on Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

calvtan

Post by calvtan » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:39 am

Thanks, litu1!

I sent mine exactly one week later... still waiting and hoping...

litu1

Post by litu1 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:39 am

calvtan wrote:Thanks, litu1!

give a week... hope you will get it ...

calvtan

Post by calvtan » Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:56 am

litu1 wrote:

Thanks! Will keep my fingers crossed...

joh118

Post by joh118 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:57 pm

Hi all,

I've joined the waiting game since last week. I've noticed from the recent posts that the processing time has fallen dramatically. I remember only 6 months ago people were wating for like 6 months to hear a decision, now it seems like 10 to 15 weeks.

My case is very complicated. I have a gap of around 45 days when I was aged only 8 years old. I do believe I have a good case for discretion to be used. I found a very good and experienced solicitor who has put forward a strong case.

Due to the nature of my case, I expect to be waiting a long time and I have mentally prepared myself to wait 6 months+.

rogerdoger
Newly Registered

SET (o) 10 year

Post by rogerdoger » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:01 pm

Hey guys,

Posted my application today - 24/01/2011

The wait begins...

stha

ILR Received

Post by stha » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:23 pm

Hi All,

This forum has been of much help to me on differnt occasions whilast applying for Teir 1 and ILR. Alhamdulillah, i have received my ILR (10 Yrs long Residence) today after a wait of 12 weeks.

Application Sent- 13/11/2010.
Passport received- 25/01/2011.

6 yrs student/ 2yrs WP/ Rest Hsmp &Teir1.

Wish good luck for every one who is still waiting.

Once again Huge Thanks to All who have contributed and are contributing to the wider immigration community with there honest and valuable advices.

If I could be of any help please write to me.

Thanks.

santosh386
Newly Registered

Re: ILR Received

Post by santosh386 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:30 pm

stha wrote:Hi All,

This forum has been of much help to me on differnt occasions whilast applying for Teir 1 and ILR. Alhamdulillah, i have received my ILR (10 Yrs long Residence) today after a wait of 12 weeks.

Application Sent- 13/11/2010.
Passport received- 25/01/2011.

6 yrs student/ 2yrs WP/ Rest Hsmp &Teir1.

Wish good luck for every one who is still waiting.

Once again Huge Thanks to All who have contributed and are contributing to the wider immigration community with there honest and valuable advices.

If I could be of any help please write to me.

Thanks.
Congratulations.. Could you please tell me what is the stamping date on the visa?
Did u receive all your support documents along with the passport or separately?

santosh386
Newly Registered

Post by santosh386 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:19 pm

SURPRISE SURPRISE SURPRISE...... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Got my ILR stamped passport back today. What a relief you feel when you see the stamp is unbelievable.

Took only 11 weeks.

Most imp thing of all, may be it helps other applicants in future..

I APPLIED FOR MY WIFE'S ILR AS WELL WITH MINE ON THE SAME SET(O) FORM EVEN THOUGH SHE WAS HERE IN THIS COUNTRY FOR LESS THAN 1 YEAR 11 months and few days on date of application. I WAS TOLD THAT ACCORDING TO LAW SHE WOULDNT GET IT AND SHE HAS TO APPLY BY SEPERATELY ON SET(M)

BUT SHE GOT THE ILR STAMPED AS WELL WITH ME ON THE SAME APPLICATION. THIS MIGHT HELP OTHERS WHO ARE IN THE SAME BOAT AS ME.

God bless this forum it is so helpful and supportive. I wish all the applicants all the best and you can write to me for any queries. I will be more than available to help anyone if needed.

:D :D :D :D :D

joh118

Post by joh118 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:27 pm

I'm just wondering if anyone here has got ILR on 10 year Long Residence via a discretion or any "extenuating" circumstances. I really need the UKBA to see things differently for once and I was just curious!

sunmoon

Post by sunmoon » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:41 pm

joh118 wrote:I'm just wondering if anyone here has got ILR on 10 year Long Residence via a discretion or any "extenuating" circumstances. I really need the UKBA to see things differently for once and I was just curious!
different people have different problems unless you mention your problem its very hard for someone to help you.

joh118

Post by joh118 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:32 pm

sunmoon wrote:
joh118 wrote:I'm just wondering if anyone here has got ILR on 10 year Long Residence via a discretion or any "extenuating" circumstances. I really need the UKBA to see things differently for once and I was just curious!
different people have different problems unless you mention your problem its very hard for someone to help you.
I understand. I've already submitted my application with the help of a solicitor. But I have this huge gap when I was aged 8. The main points to ask for discretion was that:
- I was aged 8 at the time and had no control over my immigration applications.
- My family just happened to move address at the time of the application and the refused application was returned to an address we were no longer living at anymore. And it took a while to realise it was returned and then had to get agents to open the door etc...
- I have lived here more than half my life, social ties etc...

Some people have said I have no chance and others have said I may have a chance. I found a reputable solicitor who said I may have a chance and he took my case on.

sunmoon

Post by sunmoon » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:31 pm

joh118 wrote:
sunmoon wrote:
I understand. I've already submitted my application with the help of a solicitor. But I have this huge gap when I was aged 8. The main points to ask for discretion was that:
- I was aged 8 at the time and had no control over my immigration applications.
- My family just happened to move address at the time of the application and the refused application was returned to an address we were no longer living at anymore. And it took a while to realise it was returned and then had to get agents to open the door etc...
- I have lived here more than half my life, social ties etc...

Some people have said I have no chance and others have said I may have a chance. I found a reputable solicitor who said I may have a chance and he took my case on.
its really impossible to say whether you have a chance or not, totally depends on the caseworker. By law it looks like a refusal but as you have mentioned you were only 8 at that time so there is still a hope. I believe your solicitor have submitted a detailed cover letter with your application.
I wish you all the best.

uddinriaz

hi

Post by uddinriaz » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:36 pm

im going to apply under 10 years category, my wife is living with me from last 3 years if i add her name in my form will she get ILR or not any one have knowledge about it plz let me know
thanks

joh118

Re: hi

Post by joh118 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:26 pm

uddinriaz wrote:im going to apply under 10 years category, my wife is living with me from last 3 years if i add her name in my form will she get ILR or not any one have knowledge about it plz let me know
thanks
I think you are not allowed to include dependants on a 10 long residence ILR application.

If I am wrong, please correct me people!

goga
Newly Registered

Post by goga » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:25 pm

hi
congrats to all who has got the ILR.

I am still waiting. 50 weeks gone.

joh118

Post by joh118 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:36 pm

goga wrote:hi
congrats to all who has got the ILR.

I am still waiting. 50 weeks gone.
:( I'm sorry to hear your position. Do you have any idea why it's taking so long? Have you sent complaints, contacted your MP etc...?

santosh386
Newly Registered

Re: hi

Post by santosh386 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:59 am

joh118 wrote:
uddinriaz wrote:im going to apply under 10 years category, my wife is living with me from last 3 years if i add her name in my form will she get ILR or not any one have knowledge about it plz let me know
thanks
I think you are not allowed to include dependants on a 10 long residence ILR application.

If I am wrong, please correct me people!
I applied for my wife ILR along with me on the same application form. She was here for less than 2 years at that point. But my solicitor assured me that she would get the ILR and made the application for both of us. And we both got in in less than 11 weeks stamped.

Hope this helps...

helloimran

Post by helloimran » Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:50 pm

Dear santosh386,

I am applying with my wife and 2 year old daughter through a solicitor under 10 year ILR,my wife has been here for 3 years and my daughter born here.
My solicitor is filling SET(0) for me and FLR(M) for my wife and daughter.
Can you please pass me details of your solicitor,so i can apply through him.

I will be highly appreciate for your favour.

Thanks.

lumera
- thin ice -

Post by lumera » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:46 pm

santosh386 wrote:SURPRISE SURPRISE SURPRISE...... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Got my ILR stamped passport back today. What a relief you feel when you see the stamp is unbelievable.

Took only 11 weeks.

Most imp thing of all, may be it helps other applicants in future..

I APPLIED FOR MY WIFE'S ILR AS WELL WITH MINE ON THE SAME SET(O) FORM EVEN THOUGH SHE WAS HERE IN THIS COUNTRY FOR LESS THAN 1 YEAR 11 months and few days on date of application. I WAS TOLD THAT ACCORDING TO LAW SHE WOULDNT GET IT AND SHE HAS TO APPLY BY SEPERATELY ON SET(M)

BUT SHE GOT THE ILR STAMPED AS WELL WITH ME ON THE SAME APPLICATION. THIS MIGHT HELP OTHERS WHO ARE IN THE SAME BOAT AS ME.

God bless this forum it is so helpful and supportive. I wish all the applicants all the best and you can write to me for any queries. I will be more than available to help anyone if needed.

:D :D :D :D :D
Congrats Santosh!

calvtan

ILR received (10 yrs Long Residence)!

Post by calvtan » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:11 am

Hello all,

Just received mine today, ILR on passport with all other documents was received today (in one package), but only collected this evening as was out.... my Porter in the apartment sign for me as usual and through my letter box in my flat... :-)

10 year Long Residence ILR application

Currently on Tier 1 (HSMP extension)
Application sent: 17th November 2010
Application received by UKBA: 18th November 2010
Payment taken: 18th November 2010
Acknowledgement letter: 18th November 2010
Decision made: 24th January 2011 (ILR Dated Stamp) - Liverpool
Passport received: 29th January 2011
Total time: 10.5 weeks

Status: Student (6 yrs) + SEGS (Science & Engineering Graduate Scheme) (1yr) + WP (1 yr active (although was approved for 5 yrs)) + HSMP (2 yrs) + Tier 1 (Before ILR, HSMP Extension)

Total days out (10 yrs period): 480 days

Sent by myself, no representative/lawyer used - just advice/assistance from members here and reference to UKBA website settlement documents

During my student years, there is a period between my undergrad (Bachelor) & Masters, where i stay in as a Visitor (due to delay in arrival of Uni letter). I was in Visitor visa for about 2 months before switching back to Student (Masters degree) - applying back in my home country for my Masters Student Visa.

Hence, Visitor visa is included in the 10 yrs application.

Submitted: SET (O) form, LITUK Cert (Returned), Current Passport, and all old passports, a page of summary of all the dates in and out of country (10 yrs period) as running out of space in the application form

Additional documents (but I don't think they used it as it was intact in my clear pocket folder):
Cover Letter (explaining my achievements last 10 yrs (studies) and my current job)
Master Certificate
HR Letter & My current Employment Manager/Boss Character Reference Letter
3 months Bank Statements (3 months prior to Nov 2010)
Photocopies of all the pages on ALL passports with all the 10 yrs visas (all returned, assuming they do their own photocopies for their record)

Please do not hesitate to contact/message me if I could be help (i.e. in particular Visitor visa, which lots of ppl may have doubt if it was counted or not - and the answer is YES! 10 yrs legal stays (not Visa category based))

No more UK Visa worries at least for a while....!

Thank you everyone who have directly and indirectly help me during my application!

Have a good night everyone...
Last edited by calvtan on Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

calvtan

Post by calvtan » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:13 am

litu1 wrote:

Hi litu1,

It was a correct prediction, exactly a week sent after you, and received roughly about a week after, so, they may have follow the first come, first serve basis, assuming if it is straightforward case...

thanks!