ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Kids ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bangashk

Kids ILR

Post by bangashk » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:49 pm

Dear all,

I am going to apply for my ILR in next couple of weeks and we have a slight confusion in case of our kids. Both my kids are UK born and are on dependent visa. I know two families who had same sought of situation and they approached their ILR in two different ways.

One of them applied for ILR with whole family (wife + kids) and second one applied only for himself and wife. Both of them got ILR. In case of second family, their had an understanding that ILR is only required for husband and wife and once they get the ILR the dependent kids only need registration for BC by virtue of being UK born. In simple words British born kids do not need ILR stamp on their passports, they just need to register themselves as British citizens ones their parents get ILR.

Please can you confirm whether above situation has any legal standing or not? If this is possible then it will save my £700.

Kind regards

P.S – currently I am on WP same employer.

tina123

hi

Post by tina123 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:40 pm

Hi,
I think both of these are possible. Either apply ILR for all or apply ILR for parents and then register the kids as a british citizen. I am not sure which one will save you money. I am also in the same boat like you. let me know.....

bangashk

Re: hi

Post by bangashk » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:47 pm

Hello Tina,

Thanks for your reply. lets wait for an experienced advice.

Fee (premium) breakdown is as under:

Parents + two kids - £2300
Only Parents - £1600

Regards

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:25 pm

Both are possible.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

bangashk

Post by bangashk » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:52 am

Thank you Vinny.