ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

When my partner will be in the uk, what is our next step?!

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Zainab786
Newly Registered

When my partner will be in the uk, what is our next step?!

Post by Zainab786 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:39 pm

hi everyone,

I need soe information, but couldn't find it anywhere that's why I am asking you guys.

My situation:
I am a dutch national and I work as a self-employee. My husband got his EEA FP on 20 december 2010 and he arriving tomorrow in the uk.

My question now is, what is my next step when he is here? I understood that we have to extend his EEA FP and I need to send some documents to the H.O. .
Can someone tell me if this is correct?
Can you also give me more information about this?
Do you know what documents I'll need?
Or can you refer me to a link/forms of the UKBA.homeoffice website?

Becoz I tried to search for information, but couldnt find anything.

Thank you.

Zainab786,

Stefan-TR

Re: When my partner will be in the uk, what is our next step

Post by Stefan-TR » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:38 pm

Zainab786 wrote:I am a dutch national and I work as a self-employee. My husband got his EEA FP on 20 december 2010 and he arriving tomorrow in the uk.

My question now is, what is my next step when he is here?
Ideally, your husband should apply for a residence card via form EEA2. You find all the information you need to have on the UKBA webapge in their Applying under European law section.

You'll need to prove your identities (of course), relationship (ie marriage certificate) and prove that you are self-employed. For the latter the UKBA writes in their guide:

If you are self-employed, you need to provide us with documents to show that you are self-employed. Documents that would support this include evidence of paying national insurance contributions, bank statements which show income earned or accountants’ letters

Monifé

Post by Monifé » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:19 pm

You will also need comprehensive sickness cover for you and your partner (and if you have any children).

Here is the EEA2 form.
beloved is the enemy of freedom, and deserves to be met head-on and stamped out - Pierre Berton

Zainab786
Newly Registered

Post by Zainab786 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:11 pm

thank you for your replies

Stefan-TR

Post by Stefan-TR » Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:05 am

Monifé wrote:You will also need comprehensive sickness cover for you and your partner (and if you have any children).
As to my knowledge, this is only required for students and self-sufficient persons. Workers and self-employed don't need to show proof of Comprehensive Sickness Cover.

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:32 pm

That's right - (self) employed union citizens are exempt from the CSC clause.

Monifé

Post by Monifé » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:08 pm

My bad, confusing it with self-sufficient..
beloved is the enemy of freedom, and deserves to be met head-on and stamped out - Pierre Berton