ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Irish acceptance of asylum claims lowest in EU

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Southern_Sky

Irish acceptance of asylum claims lowest in EU

Post by Southern_Sky » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:11 pm

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ire ... 08903.html

IRELAND HAS overtaken Greece as the EU state with the lowest acceptance rate of claims for refugee status, a new report shows.

Tandor

Re: Irish acceptance of asylum claims lowest in EU

Post by Tandor » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:19 pm

The quantative question of course is, lowest due to harshest rules or lowest due to most "false" claims.

Jury's out on that one I guess.

Monifé

Re: Irish acceptance of asylum claims lowest in EU

Post by Monifé » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:28 pm

Tandor wrote:The quantative question of course is, lowest due to harshest rules or lowest due to most "false" claims.

Jury's out on that one I guess.
I would call it 30% hard rules 70% false claims, but thats just a guess...
beloved is the enemy of freedom, and deserves to be met head-on and stamped out - Pierre Berton

cobra

Post by cobra » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:40 pm

I use to live in Ireland as an asylum seeker in 2003 even thought my child has an Irish citizen but they still consider my child has an asylum seeker.
To be honest I don`t like Ireland especially Waterford, that town make my situation worst.
I decided to live for the UK, and I was granted an ILR(permanent residence) along with with family and we are a happy family.
This is just my short story in order to encourage people to work very hard to get what you want in your life.