ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Needing to Use the closing balance as the start of 90 days

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bluemoon
Newly Registered

Needing to Use the closing balance as the start of 90 days

Post by bluemoon » Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:34 am

Hello,

I am going to be apply my PSW on the 30th of January and I have a question about the bank statements.

I had the £800 in my account for 90 days from the 4th of October to the 10th of January, but was not able to get a bank statement til the 17th of January. I have obviously had the £800 in my account a month before the date of the application, but my balance went below £800 after the 10th of January so the balance is below £800 on the closing balance of the statement.

Do you think the UKBA will take the 90 days for maintenance from the 10th of January if I include a letter in the application stating that I was unable to get a statement on the 10th due to a misunderstanding???

Thank you

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:46 am

No they will look at the closing balance.

ersourabhbhola

Post by ersourabhbhola » Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:03 am

i think 4 oct to 4 jan. that is your qualifying period but u held them 6 days more uptill 10 jan (800 pounds) so you can send a letter mentioning these days. and must apply before 10 feb......although i am not an expert but i think it will be fine....
Sourabh Bhola

lavezziisgod
Newly Registered

Post by lavezziisgod » Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:07 pm

ersourabhbhola wrote:i think 4 oct to 4 jan. that is your qualifying period but u held them 6 days more uptill 10 jan (800 pounds) so you can send a letter mentioning these days. and must apply before 10 feb......although i am not an expert but i think it will be fine....
A question... Why should the period be from Oct 4 to Jan 4....? The three-month period ends EITHER at the day of application OR on the day that you get the bank statements, right?

Which means, say, I apply on January 26 and I got my bank statements on January 25, I should have 800 pounds in my account from October 25 until January 25....

Isn't this how it is supposed to be?

ersourabhbhola

Post by ersourabhbhola » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:16 am

actually home office ask to put money in account for 90 days( u can put for extra days if u want to)
but the 90 th day that means the day when balance can fall below or day uptill what statements ends should be within 30 days of application , now another point is what is date of application
if sended by post then day of sending application is date of application
if sended by courier then day ho recieve application is date of application.
Sourabh Bhola

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:09 am

home ofice looks at the last date on the statement and work their way back to 90 days.... atleast thats what i was told by someone who knew what he was talking about.

regards

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:12 pm

See also UKBA PSW policy guidance para 100

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... dance2.pdf

"Where an applicant is providing evidence of maintenance from a single account, we will always assess the funds available to an applicant from the closing balance given on the document provided."[/url]