ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need urgent advice.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hsyasin

Need urgent advice.

Post by hsyasin » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:30 am

Hi all, i would really like some expert advice on my situation. I'm currently on PSW wich is expiring on 9th of Feb.
Now i'm in a completely muddled situation, coz, my employer was willing to sponsor me, so he found out a job title related to my job and applied for COS and luckily got the COS. So, now I've one option to switch to Tier2 General.
The second option in my hand is Tier1 General, coz i worked out my earnings for the past 12months, through my regular job and self-employed work, and they are exceeding 35k and now i'm very confused as to wich one to go for.
So if i apply for Tier2 now and then when i receive my visa, after a month can i apply for Tier1, i mean before april.
First of all, wat r the chances of getting a Tier1 general nowadays through regular and self-employed jobs, and secondly, worst case that my tier1 gets rejected for some reason, then will it effect my tier2 visa??
P.S. I didnt know where to ask this question to get good advice so I've also asked this in Tier2 section.

sunny!!!

Re: Need urgent advice.

Post by sunny!!! » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:40 am

hsyasin wrote:Hi all, i would really like some expert advice on my situation. I'm currently on PSW wich is expiring on 9th of Feb.
Now i'm in a completely muddled situation, coz, my employer was willing to sponsor me, so he found out a job title related to my job and applied for COS and luckily got the COS. So, now I've one option to switch to Tier2 General.
The second option in my hand is Tier1 General, coz i worked out my earnings for the past 12months, through my regular job and self-employed work, and they are exceeding 35k and now i'm very confused as to wich one to go for.
So if i apply for Tier2 now and then when i receive my visa, after a month can i apply for Tier1, i mean before april.
First of all, wat r the chances of getting a Tier1 general nowadays through regular and self-employed jobs, and secondly, worst case that my tier1 gets rejected for some reason, then will it effect my tier2 visa??
P.S. I didnt know where to ask this question to get good advice so I've also asked this in Tier2 section.
Dear Hammad,
I am not an expert, but putting myself into your shoes. I would in first instance go for Tier2, to secure my status. Then, within the given time frame of 12 months earning period (before 5th April), there is no harm to make an application for Tier1 General.
As your visa is expiring in just 2 weeks time, try to AVOID any risks.
Alternatively, you can seek advise from any credible immigration advisor.
Good Luck.

hsyasin

Post by hsyasin » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:59 am

Thanx sunny, a nice recommendation anyways.

hsyasin

Post by hsyasin » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:51 am

why isnt any expert suggesting anything?
plz experts, I need this information urgently..
i'm extremely confused that whether its a good idea to apply for tier1 just after getting tier2 or wat?

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:04 am

I think your question is a bit vague and open-ended. You ask what are the chances of getting Tier 1 through regular and self-employed jobs - it all depends on your application. As long as you fully comply with all the requirements, your chances are 100%. If you fall short in terms of requirements or documentation then your chances are somewhere between 0% and 99% - if you get what I'm saying.

If you apply to switch to Tier 1 while your Tier 2 is still valid, your Tier 2 will only be cancelled once your get Tier 1. If you don't get Tier 1, then you can continue with your Tier 2.
Do not send me PM's with specific questions - post question in the open forum so others can also benefit from the answers.

hsyasin

Post by hsyasin » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:03 pm

aa rite, thanx man.. really appreciate ur response..
yes my Tier1 docs are almost complete and will be complete before april.