ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Premium Service - Self employed & Salary income

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kazama777
Newly Registered

Premium Service - Self employed & Salary income

Post by kazama777 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:02 am

I need to apply for T-1 Gen visa next week. I already managed to find an in-person appointment online for Croydon office. My earnings are made up of job salary and self employment. I have all the necessary supporting docs available (bank statements, payslips, employer letter and invoices etc) Now, I read some where on this forum that for self employed people, premium one day service is not available? Is it true? (it doesn't say anywhere on the ukba's web site)

Also, what chances are there, provided they do see me on the day, they will keep my docs and ask me to wait for some time so that they can further investigate? Or is it a must for such cases these days? Your input will be very much appreciated.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:13 am

The service (in-person applications) is available but you may not be informed of the decision on the same day because of self-employed income being included. It is likely that a decision be deferred until such time that UKBA completes verification checks regarding your self-employed income.

regards

kazama777
Newly Registered

Post by kazama777 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:57 am

sushdmehta wrote:The service (in-person applications) is available but you may not be informed of the decision on the same day because of self-employed income being included. It is likely that a decision be deferred until such time that UKBA completes verification checks regarding your self-employed income.

regards
Thank you very much. I believe they will confirm that from my clients. May I also ask if you know how will they contact my cleints? on my raised invoices, I have my cleints' complete mailing addresses but do not have phone no or email addresses. Will it be a good idea to supply tel no just to make process more speedy?

kazama777
Newly Registered

Post by kazama777 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:22 am

kazama777 wrote:
sushdmehta wrote:The service (in-person applications) is available but you may not be informed of the decision on the same day because of self-employed income being included. It is likely that a decision be deferred until such time that UKBA completes verification checks regarding your self-employed income.

regards
Thank you very much. I believe they will confirm that from my clients. May I also ask if you know how will they contact my cleints? on my raised invoices, I have my cleints' complete mailing addresses but do not have phone no or email addresses. Will it be a good idea to supply tel no just to make process more speedy?
Could someone please give their thoughts / advise here?

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:51 am

kazama777 wrote:

regards
You seem to be up to something which is not legitimate. I say this because on the other thread you seem to be concerned about whether UKBA can carry out thorough search on an undividual's personal info etc. Sorry, but I dont think people will be willing to help if there is a doubt that you are attempting to do something illegitimate.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:55 am

And yes, agencies like UKBA and Inland revenue can access records available with Banks etc if they need to.
regards,
push

kazama777
Newly Registered

Post by kazama777 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:38 am

push wrote:
kazama777 wrote:

regards
You seem to be up to something which is not legitimate. I say this because on the other thread you seem to be concerned about whether UKBA can carry out thorough search on an undividual's personal info etc. Sorry, but I dont think people will be willing to help if there is a doubt that you are attempting to do something illegitimate.
Thank you for your concern and input. I am not doing anything illegitamate. My concern is with a few of my self employed earnings. I have been asking my clients to pay me in form of cheques but on a few occasions they paid in cash saying they are not able to pay by cheque at this time or some paid part cash part cheque (for one single invoice). Now in order to ensure that I keep my records in the same format so that they can easily be identified on my bank statements, i gave that cash to my uncle and took a few cheques of the same amount. At that point I didn't realize that this could be seriously harmful (silly me) but now I was thinking I could expalin that in my case. Do you think this is not legitamate? Should I better explain that before hand? I would really appreciate your help on this.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:03 am

You seem to have unwittingly helped your clients in money laundering. I am assuming that their unwillingness to pay you by cheque resulted from their inability to account for the cash component of the payment. I also assume that you invoiced them for only the cheque amounts and not for the cash part for which you have got your uncle to write cheques in your name.

Clearly, if you aided your clients in money laundering then that's a crime. Secondly, obtaining cheques from your uncle so as to produce evidence for VISA application is a fraud.

All this looks very dubious and I am reluctant to offer any advice. Sorry but I hope you would appreciate my concerns.
regards,
push