ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - Knowledge of Language & Life in UK Test

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

paulastuart
Newly Registered

ILR - Knowledge of Language & Life in UK Test

Post by paulastuart » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:51 pm

Hi all

I originally received my HSMP visa on 3rd of March 2006, and am applying for ILR in February in person at Croydon. My query is whether I have to complete the Knowledge of Language & Life in the UK Test or not, given that I think I fall under the Judicial Review Policy Document (because I arrived before the rules change of 3 April 2006).

Have I read into this ruling correctly?

Thanks for your help
Paula

Markie

Re: ILR - Knowledge of Language & Life in UK Test

Post by Markie » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:24 am

check this link
paulastuart wrote:Hi all

I originally received my HSMP visa on 3rd of March 2006, and am applying for ILR in February in person at Croydon. My query is whether I have to complete the Knowledge of Language & Life in the UK Test or not, given that I think I fall under the Judicial Review Policy Document (because I arrived before the rules change of 3 April 2006).

Have I read into this ruling correctly?

Thanks for your help
Paula