ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

job calls

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

asal
BANNED

job calls

Post by asal » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:44 pm

Hi,please can u let me know normally how many days will it take to get calls from recruiters once cv is registed on the website.

wunder
Member of Standing

Post by wunder » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:50 pm

A few hours, sometimes less.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:43 pm

How long is a piece of string?

It depends from site to site, employer to employer, agency to agency. Nobody can answer you that...I don't really see the point of the question...
Do not send me PM's with specific questions - post question in the open forum so others can also benefit from the answers.

kenfrapin

Re: job calls

Post by kenfrapin » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:48 pm

asal wrote:Hi,please can u let me know normally how many days will it take to get calls from recruiters once cv is registed on the website.
Registering your CV on the website does not mean they will call you - Quite silly to even expect a call really. Millions register their CVs on job sites as its a pre-requisite to apply for open roles available through their website.

The only time you may get a call is
1. You applied for a specific role and they have an interest - this can take anywhere between 1 day and even 1 year (as they keep your CV with them and sometime in the future your CV matches some requirement they have)
2. Recruitment agents hunting for CVs to up their Database tend to call people non stop. Dont ever take this as a positive that they have shortlisted you for something. Such agents just call to see what you are looking for, check if you are a suitable candidate and then end the call. 90% of them will never call you again. Some devious guys will try to poke you to find out if you are still working for your old firm and then try to contact them to fill your position as you are planning to leave soon!

So your only guarantee of a genuine call from someone is when you have applied for a specific role that suits your profile and your CV clearly shows why you may be a good fit for the role. Thats when you get a real call and can hope things will go further. Speak to agents if they call but be smart about how much info you give out - never tell them what other jobs you have applied for as this is another common ploy for agents to try and send the CVs they have to the company you have applied at

KP