ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for Tier 1 (General) Dependent

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ali4770
Newly Registered

ILR for Tier 1 (General) Dependent

Post by ali4770 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:59 pm

Hi guys.

I am in UK on Tier 1 (General) Visa with my family. My son came here as my (under 18) Dependent but is now over 18 and studying in a uni. He will be completing the residence requirement for ILR of 5 yers earlier than me since I have some business related absences from UK.

Can my Dependent son apply for ILR on completion of his 5 year residence in UK or does he have to apply only with my case?

Thanks.

Ali

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:25 am

Either with you or after you are granted settlement, not before.

regards

pcb_in

Post by pcb_in » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:34 pm

Hi SushdMehta,
I have some query related to dependent ILR Application.
My oldest daughter is studying in Indian Uni and she is absent from UK from 12th March 2009. before that she was here with me on dependent visa from March 2007 to March 2009 and she also got extension of her dependant visa till Oct 2011. Sent her to India due to high overseas student fee in UK.
I am going to apply for ILR in 01 March 2011. So can she apply with me on separet set O form(over 18 now) ?
Or
if she apply after me,as her absent from UK will be over 2 years continuous, so will this affect her application if she decide to apply alone after March 2011 on set M form?
The basic doubt is, is there any affect of continuous 2 years of absent in dependent case? if you could guid me any policy document covering this part then it will be great help to decide me whether, she must come to UK back before 2 years and apply with me or she can do later when she can come to UK in summer holiday as fee will remain same?
Best Regards
PC

ali4770
Newly Registered

Post by ali4770 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:44 pm

Dear Sushdmehta,

Thanks for your clarification.

I gues this is different from the rules in Canada where any of your family member becomes independent with respect to immigration once he or she lands there.

Regards