ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Conversion to dependant visa while on a visitors visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

farrukh

Conversion to dependant visa while on a visitors visa

Post by farrukh » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:43 am

hi there

I have a very specific query and hope someone might be able to help me. I am on a Tier 1 visa and going to complete my 5 years this October. I got engaged this year and now she is coming to UK for her PLAB exam. She got a visitors visa (PLAB) for 6 months.

I am planning to marry her here in the UK and would like to know that if she apply for my dependent visa, she has to go back or the visa can be changed while she is here?

Hope to hear from someone soon.

Cheers

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:00 pm

no she would have to return home and apply for entry clearance as your dependent. she can't switch in country.

farrukh

Post by farrukh » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:14 am

hi there!

Thanks for you reply. If possible can somepone please send me a official link where it is said that she has to go back to convert the visa (you know have to convince her and the only way is offical website link :))

really appreciate your help guys.

Cheers

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:38 am

A visitor cannot switch as 319C(h) is not satisfied.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

rohitktm

Post by rohitktm » Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:52 pm

Yes, your spouse has to go back. Forget about visitor visa. My wife has been studying her under her independent student visa. After completion of her studies, she went back for Tier 1 dependent visa. I know it is tough...but accept the truth.

nks

Post by nks » Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:52 pm

My wife came with me on her own Tier-1. If she is required to move to my dependent visa, will she also need to travel back to home country and apply from there?

TIA.
nks

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:00 pm

nks wrote:My wife came with me on her own Tier-1. If she is required to move to my dependent visa, will she also need to travel back to home country and apply from there?

TIA.
nks
Yes
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer