ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Reg: Job Oppurtunities in UK

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Bharani
Newly Registered

Reg: Job Oppurtunities in UK

Post by Bharani » Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:20 am

Hi,

I am Bharani J from Bangalore,India and have got UK Tier 1 Visa which is valid from Jan25,2011.

I am looking for Job in Database area either as DBA or DB Developer (Oracle,DB2,SQLServer) and have 6+ Years IT experience.

I am planning to travel to UK in Feb 2011 Middle.

How is the Job oppurtunities in UK ?

Will I get Interview calls from recruiters when I am in India ?

Is it beneficial to get UK number from SKype and do call forward to India number?

Please guide me and share me the tips.

Thanks a lot.

Bharani J

NeoZ

Re: Reg: Job Oppurtunities in UK

Post by NeoZ » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:40 pm

How is the Job oppurtunities in UK ? Bad. Mid-Jan to April, 11 might be better, but overall 2011 will be identical to 2009, i.e. really bad.

Will I get Interview calls from recruiters when I am in India ? NO

Is it beneficial to get UK number from SKype and do call forward to India number? yes, but to get ANY offer, you need to be in UK.

Tip: you are coming at probably only good period of 2011, but again IT. IT is one of the most saturated and over-resourced market in UK (as most Indians earn GREAT salaries back home in this domain and jump the R.I.P Tier1 point system to end up in Market). So APPLY as MANY jobs as you can and keep tailored CVs depending on profiles!

abdulquddus
Newly Registered

Re: Reg: Job Oppurtunities in UK

Post by abdulquddus » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:09 am

if it so than which opportunity is the best one for any person from Subcontinent.

vikeyramavath
Newly Registered

Looking to apply for UK..

Post by vikeyramavath » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:35 pm

Hi dear..

This is vikey.I have done my engineering in computer science and engineer in 2002-2006 for 4 years.
Working in .net from 4 year in .net with well reputed company in pune.

could you please let me know...

1.How to apply UK work permit visa is there any agencies ,can u please let me know ..it would be very helpful if you tell me as soon as possible.

2.What is fees and how long does it take to get visa..

3.what are the documents need to available at the time of applying .

4.I heard there is very less chances to get visa because of changes in the HSMPS systems..please let me know abt this clearly..thanks
4.If any agencies please refer me
thanks
Vikey
vikey.ramavath@gmail.com

kenfrapin

Post by kenfrapin » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:00 pm

Are you guys for real?

My advice to you is to realize there is life OUTSIDE of dreaming to come to the UK. Go through so many other posts on the forum to get an understanding of the job market, current scenario and skills in demand plus the visa issues in discussions.

Let me end stating one thing I know - the ones who are desperate to leave their home country are usually those who havent done well in their career and think its easier outside hence try any shortcuts possible and available.

With the current over populated UK market, its difficult to even get a job in a supermarket managing the till so Abdul and Vikey - your questions seriously make me wonder what thought process is running in your mind to make such statements and ask such questions. Trust me its not worth all the money and pain if you cannot come here in a straightforward way - shortcuts to visas and quick skills (that you can learn from institutes) will not help achieve anything when the locals here are struggling to hold on to their jobs. Those will exceptional skills still get the best jobs but the common pool of job seekers are having a very tough time irrespective of the experience they have

KP

vikeyramavath
Newly Registered

Thanks

Post by vikeyramavath » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:47 pm

Thanks for your advice...

but my case working one of the CMMIL5 company as Senior programmer with one of the client from UK.
Id like to explore more and there...an nothing other than this..

thanks

kenfrapin wrote:Are you guys for real?

My advice to you is to realize there is life OUTSIDE of dreaming to come to the UK. Go through so many other posts on the forum to get an understanding of the job market, current scenario and skills in demand plus the visa issues in discussions.

Let me end stating one thing I know - the ones who are desperate to leave their home country are usually those who havent done well in their career and think its easier outside hence try any shortcuts possible and available.

With the current over populated UK market, its difficult to even get a job in a supermarket managing the till so Abdul and Vikey - your questions seriously make me wonder what thought process is running in your mind to make such statements and ask such questions. Trust me its not worth all the money and pain if you cannot come here in a straightforward way - shortcuts to visas and quick skills (that you can learn from institutes) will not help achieve anything when the locals here are struggling to hold on to their jobs. Those will exceptional skills still get the best jobs but the common pool of job seekers are having a very tough time irrespective of the experience they have

KP

kenfrapin

Post by kenfrapin » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:18 pm

Then sound so desperate Vikey - 4yrs as a Senior programmer doesnt have much scope in the UK especially with .net - once again, read the posts on the forum to get more insight.

Also, asking the forum of ANY option to come here including via agencies who get you here on bogus visas is not a good sign. Get more experience, stay in touch with UK Visa rules and one day you can come here on your OWN merit - dont be too eager to try any route of coming to the UK and then being disappointed. Working for a big company in Pune for a UK client wont help your case much because there a million more who have done the same and still struggling here. The UK market too is so bad at the moment.

KP

vikeyramavath
Newly Registered

Thanks

Post by vikeyramavath » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:23 pm

Thanks ma friend..

i am getting information as much as i can...
thanks for ur reply..

vikey
kenfrapin wrote:Then sound so desperate Vikey - 4yrs as a Senior programmer doesnt have much scope in the UK especially with .net - once again, read the posts on the forum to get more insight.

Also, asking the forum of ANY option to come here including via agencies who get you here on bogus visas is not a good sign. Get more experience, stay in touch with UK Visa rules and one day you can come here on your OWN merit - dont be too eager to try any route of coming to the UK and then being disappointed. Working for a big company in Pune for a UK client wont help your case much because there a million more who have done the same and still struggling here. The UK market too is so bad at the moment.

KP

peterb
Newly Registered

Post by peterb » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:31 am

Be honest there are so nice chances in IT and Engineering field, But problem is that UK rules are very tight and they not give long time visa for stay and very hard to get good job. too Expensive and shit weather as well, but their companies give good benefit and facilities.

kenfrapin

Post by kenfrapin » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:40 am

peterb wrote:Be honest there are so nice chances in IT and Engineering field, But problem is that UK rules are very tight and they not give long time visa for stay and very hard to get good job. too Expensive and shit weather as well, but their companies give good benefit and facilities.
I believe you are contradicting your own statement. To say there are nice opportunities and then say its expensive means these so called 'nice' opportunities are in fact not nice at all because they dont pay you enough :-)

Trust me, there are some great jobs out there and they pay fantastic salaries and if you manage to bag these offers then the word expensive will never be mentioned. The overall issue is the crowded market place and average skilled job seekers (that includes most of us) who will never get such roles. Prior work experience in big companies, international exposure, excellent academia etc all count towards getting a job that pays in the mid £30k range or the mid £60k range and for many Asians its proving to be very difficult UNLESS they have exceptional skills and relevant experience.

So while there are chances one must only be cautiously optimistic as the ratio of average to well paid jobs is highly unfavourable in this environment. I personally know people who have actually been sponsored on Work Permits to come to the UK because they have the required expertise but unfortunately this is not very common today.

KP