ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

question regarding Employer sponsorship

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

longwalkhome2010

question regarding Employer sponsorship

Post by longwalkhome2010 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:33 pm

hi

how do i know which companies offer tier 2 work permit? is there a list of such companies or any other way to find out about that? i am asking this because i am an international student near the end of my studies and i am trying to apply for jobs at the moment. recently i have realised that there is no point in applying to companies that has no power to sponsor the employees. any help would be much appreciated.

best regards

faranjust4u
Newly Registered

Post by faranjust4u » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:41 pm

longwalkhome2010

Post by longwalkhome2010 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:02 pm

big thanks

fibreman

Post by fibreman » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:58 am

Just one note... the list is long and seemingly has almost every firm on it. Realistically, however, almost nobody will sponsor you for a graduate position.
Given even stricter rules, it is even less likely. Even the companies on list will say no to graduates very likely.

I am in the same position, you should try to get PSW if it still can be obtained then. Use that to get a job, and find a sponsor when u have some experience, have started a job etc.

I am in the same situation, about to finish my degree. You should try both ways, just so u know that it is an uphill battle.

VisaFrenzy
Newly Registered

Post by VisaFrenzy » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:04 am

I would like to add something to this post.

In my experience this is what happened. I found a job after graduation and worked over a year with the company. I told about my VISA implications and how I should ideally switch from PSW to Tier 2 General provided my company secures a licence. Well, we got the licence and then came the horror that our company had to apply for COSar (Certificate of Sponsorship Allocation Form) saying that they want to issue it to me so I can switch from PSW to Tier 2. Guess what - Home Office rejected our allocation request saying that my job is a
'non shortage occupation' and the post should be for 36 k.

Can you imagine my situation??? Now you tell me, which company will hire a fresh graduate and put them on 36k with only 1 year + experience. You get to 36k salary bracket only if you have worked within same company for more than 4 years atleast. This is the same for my close friend in London despite earning lot more (london nmw is higher) he is still battling with this.

So, please find a sponsor who have got atleast one Certificate of Sponsorship allocated to them (already) otherwise even if you have a registered sponsor as your employer chances of getting the COS approved by Home office is so difficult.

I am so disappointed you cannot even imagine. First I give my 100 percent to company and work diligently and home office telling me to go back. Imagine what happens to people who have children, wife or parents to support luckily I have single status.

I persuade everyone to seek legal advice to secure your COSar. However, rules might relax given drop in employment etc but we can only be hopeful nothing is set in stone Home Office are making it tough.

First they abolish Tier 1 making fresh graduates to go there, the you have PSW route, with PSW and a employer with Licence there is even difficult for employers to get COS.

fibreman

Post by fibreman » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:46 pm

I understand what you are saying...

In any case, there will be new rules from April, so these will apply to us. It is said inside country applicants for tier 2 would be free of limits, probably also wage limits. Outside apps they would ration if limits are met, according to wages etc. Nothign is definite yet, though... it's still up to soem speculation.

But in your case, if you didn't have psw, not sure whether you could have even found a job... psw then gives 2 years time to sort out further problems.
Right now, getting a fresh tioer 2 for straight grad position is very unlikely.

But I know how you feel.

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:31 pm

fibreman wrote:
In any case, there will be new rules from April, so these will apply to us. It is said inside country applicants for tier 2 would be free of limits, probably also wage limits.
i know its difficult to have evidence at this early stage but where did you hear the above quoted thingie...

cheers

fibreman

Post by fibreman » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:51 pm

arsenal49 wrote:
fibreman wrote:
In any case, there will be new rules from April, so these will apply to us. It is said inside country applicants for tier 2 would be free of limits, probably also wage limits.
i know its difficult to have evidence at this early stage but where did you hear the above quoted thingie...

cheers
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ual-limits

This limit will not apply to:
in-country applications from those already in the UK;
dependants of Tier 2 migrants;
Tier 2 (General) applicants who are filling a vacancy with a salary of more than £150,000;
Tier 2 (Sportsperson) applicants;
Tier 2 (Minister of religion) applicants; and
Tier 2 (Intra company transfer) applicants.

I have read some more somewhere, in sense that when monthly limit is reached it would be rationed by wage, degree etc. But so far, not sure...
in country applicants are in the same list as ICT etc.

But lets wait for complete rules...