ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from PSW to TIER2

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

wanted66
BANNED

Switching from PSW to TIER2

Post by wanted66 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:03 pm

Hello guys,

I have a quick question.

I'm on PSW and i have like 9 months left

I'm fully employed (over 1 year) and making 25K

My employer is willing to sponsor me. We don't have a COS. I know its easy to register but harder to get the license.

In the UKBA website it states

Job on the shortage occupation list 50
Job that has met the resident labour market test 30
Switching from the post-study worker category 30

Do i have to worry about the labour market test as I'm switching from PSW ? I'm still going to get 30 points rite ? My job is not on the short occupation list.

Does my company need to prove that I'm the only one who can do the job in UK ? Bit confusing :S Any help ? They never sponsored anyone before.

Thanks..

wanted66
BANNED

Post by wanted66 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:17 pm

I'm a Creative developer and pretty much run the entire creative side devvelopment of the company. I can't even take a day off cause it will affect the business. So thats why my boss is determined to keep me in the job.

I have 9 months left however I'm still confused that after reading there is something new regarding the Earnings for the correct job sector. What on earth is this ?

How do i find out how much i need to earn to qualify for TIER2 ?

Thanks for any help..

faranjust4u
Newly Registered

Post by faranjust4u » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:23 pm

Since you are on PSW and also working for the same company for last 6 months, you don't have to worry about the Labour Market Test.

You can find out your appropriate salary according to the Code of Practice here : This is for Information & Communication Sector as you mentioned Creative Developer. http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... actice.pdf

This means that your employer will have to pay you exact or higher salary.

Also check if your job is above or at S/NVQ Level 3. This is also a must when applying for Tier 2 general.

Hope that answers your question.

Thanks

wanted66
BANNED

Post by wanted66 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:31 pm

faranjust4u wrote:Since you are on PSW and also working for the same company for last 6 months, you don't have to worry about the Labour Market Test.

You can find out your appropriate salary according to the Code of Practice here : This is for Information & Communication Sector as you mentioned Creative Developer. http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... actice.pdf

This means that your employer will have to pay you exact or higher salary.

Also check if your job is above or at S/NVQ Level 3. This is also a must when applying for Tier 2 general.

Hope that answers your question.

Thanks
Big Thank you for replying mate.

I forgot to mention that I'm getting a 5K pay increase from next month. So that would make my earnings 30K, I'm planning to stay with them for a very long time.

In the document I only managed to find Web developer as closest to what i do. My job is 90% web development based. So the limit is 26K, I will only start getting 30k from next month. Is it going to be a problem ? Do i have to submit this in my payslips ? GRRR (Even if i get from next month I have 10 months until my visa runs out so i hope i have enough time to apply)

I'm sorry how do i find if my job is S/NVQ Level 3 or above ? I googled but no joy. Any help ?

THANK YOU VERY MUCH
:D

faranjust4u
Newly Registered

Post by faranjust4u » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:01 pm

The salary is the futuristic salary, which means you should get 26k or above once you are on a Tier 2 General visa. You don't have to provide any proof for that just your employer have to mention is while applying COS.

Web Designer is what mentioned on the pdf. If that is your job then it is above S/NVQ Level 3. It is mentioned in the same document if you go through it from the start.

I am in a very similar position as you. You should start the process from now. For new licence UKBA doesn't provide any COS allocation which means that your employer will have to request an addition COS allocation and UKBA is only issuing COS to those who are on non-shortage list if their salary is above 36k. If you keep trying every month then there is a chance that you would get a COS.

Wish you all the very best. :)

wanted66
BANNED

Post by wanted66 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:44 pm

faranjust4u wrote:The salary is the futuristic salary, which means you should get 26k or above once you are on a Tier 2 General visa. You don't have to provide any proof for that just your employer have to mention is while applying COS.

Web Designer is what mentioned on the pdf. If that is your job then it is above S/NVQ Level 3. It is mentioned in the same document if you go through it from the start.

I am in a very similar position as you. You should start the process from now. For new licence UKBA doesn't provide any COS allocation which means that your employer will have to request an addition COS allocation and UKBA is only issuing COS to those who are on non-shortage list if their salary is above 36k. If you keep trying every month then there is a chance that you would get a COS.

Wish you all the very best. :)
Thank you for replying again.. That helped a lot. Just one question. What if my company proves home office that I'm the only one who can do the job (which im) will it make any difference ?

Thanks again.