ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Date of application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nax_72

Date of application

Post by nax_72 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:38 am

We are four in the family. Myself, my wife and two kids. We all received the ILR on 12th February 2010. Even though both our kids are born here in the UK we did not apply for their naturalization just after receiving their ILRs as we wish to go for single time application for all four of us. We are planning to apply for naturalization after 12th February 2011. Exactly five years before 12th February 2011 I was in the UK. But my wife was on vacation to India five years before 12th February 2011. She came back to the UK only on 9th April 2006. So my query is on 12th February 2011 whether we all four can apply or we need to wait until 9th April 2011 to apply for four of us together.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:42 pm

If you wish to apply together, you need to wait till April 2011.

regards

nax_72

Post by nax_72 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:00 pm

sushdmehta wrote:If you wish to apply together, you need to wait till April 2011.

regards
Thanks Sushdmetha.

Kindly let me know the total fee for joint application 2 adults + 2 kids. The fee chart is not that clear.

nax_72

Post by nax_72 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:42 pm

I like to go for separate timings for myself + 2 kids and then for my wife once I am successful in getting the BC. As the rules may change in April I do not wish to wait until April for applying together for all of us.

Question 1:

For me + 2 kids I am planning to apply on 11 Feb (Friday) by special delivery post. We all three got the ILR on 12th Feb 2010. So HO will receive our application on 14th Feb 2011. I was physically present in the UK on 15th Feb 2006. But our first kid born in the UK was not physically present in the UK on 15th Feb 2006. As we are going to apply under Section 1(3) through MN1 form, I hope his absence should not be an issue. Please confirm this

Question 2:

I am a lecturer in an university. Whether my colleague who is also a lecturer but a Singaporean national can be a referee for me?

Question 3:

For the second referee I wish to get the signature from a naturalised BC who holds British passport for the past 7 years. He is an Engineer and aged over 46. Is it OK?

Question 4:

Whether the above mentioned two referees can also be referees for our kids MN1 BC application as well? Both the kids were born in the UK. First one aged around 5.5 years and the second one 1.5 years

Question 5:

If I am successful in getting the BC then when my wife can apply for her BC as a married spouse of a British national. I mean just after my BC ceremony or after I receive the passport? I noticed in the end of AN application to include spouse British passport.

----------------------
Thanks a lot in advance to all those kindly replying my queries.

Naks

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:11 pm

Why not save costs and wait until April to make a joint application with your wife?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

nax_72

Post by nax_72 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:33 pm

vinny wrote:Why not save costs and wait until April to make a joint application with your wife?
Just worried about the rules change. When we first came to the UK in early 2005, there was 4+1 years rule for BC without any Life in the UK test. Then it became 5+1 years for BC. Later Life in the UK test has also been introduced. Now I am not sure what are the new rules going to be when they implement them in April. I came to the UK with WP and has been working for the same employer since. I was told by a guy that new rule might be like the one in the middle-east. If you wish to work here get the visa as long as you work. So no settlement for just working in the UK. Someone might argue that the new rule might not be implemented immediately in April. Who knows. Just for precautionary measures when we get the chance we like to go for it. In whatever ways £550 can not be equivalent to one's British citizenship. If I get it then I hope my wife can immediately apply as a spouse of a British national.