ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 General self employed proof of income

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sohrabkhan
Newly Registered

Tier 1 General self employed proof of income

Post by sohrabkhan » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:43 am

Hi, I have 2 questions:

1) I earn from websites and the payment goes into my paypal account. The number of transactions in my paypal account are enormous (thousand of pages in 1 year as the transactions are small but many) so I cannot send HO paypal statements and paypal statements are not considered as they are not on official letterhead and they won't stamp them. I have an accountant and can produce account letter + balance sheets etc. What might be another way of proving my income?

Should I print a hundred thousand paypal invoices on plain paper? Do I need to attest these? Would you know any solicitors who would attest these invoices for me. And if I get it attested would that count as the second proof of income.

2) Immigration Rules Appendix A paragraph 15 states:
Where the earnings are the profits of a business derived through self-employment or other business activities, the earnings that will be assessed are the profits of the business before tax. Where the applicant only has a share of the business, the earnings that will be assessed are the profits of the business before tax to which the applicant is entitled.
Whereas the guidance states:
If an applicant is self-employed and has chosen to retain the profits within the business, his/her earnings are limited to the share of the business’s net profits to which he/she is entitled.
Now I am self-employed without a limited company (I just work for myself from home). The above quotes have got me confused as according to the rules total profit before tax is considered whereas according to guidance net profit is considered whereas net profit means "gross minus expenses and taxes".

Can someone kindly let me know if my income is considered profit before tax or profit after tax?

Thanks very much.

skomati

Post by skomati » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:51 am

hi, silly question..but what are the web sites which pay u money? i just want to do earn money.. please....

sanjaym
Newly Registered

Post by sanjaym » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:07 pm

Same here man. Please let me also as I would also like to earn.

nafe12

Post by nafe12 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:41 am

My question to you is whether you are registered with the HMRC as Self Employed? It seems that this is a pre-requisite to counting earnings.

That said, HMRC advise you not to register if you don't earn that much (<£2.5k) - so I guess some proof that you declared your income to them would help (even if not 'self employed' per se)...

Basically, I think they just want to make sure you were paying tax on your earnings... I thinK!