ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

visa was refused but can it b changed AGAIN???

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

XnailaX
- thin ice -

visa was refused but can it b changed AGAIN???

Post by XnailaX » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:23 pm

salaam,i hav jus sseen the thread opened bout marriage ages from 18-21 raised.but f we can show and prove that our marriage is not forced, between the age of 18-21 then it can b decided and looked at again..

im askin u this bcoz, the first time i applied for husbands case in 2008, wen i jus got married, it was refused because the law changed the exact same day when it was increased froom 18 to 21.
and plus we were not allowed to appeal. this was the only reason why it was rejected.

is ther a chance i can get it looked at again, but it has been 2 years and am lookn for a job so i can apply again.and i didnt get a refund the first time..

i did send an email to embassy a few weeks ago and they were saying that we did publically say that the law was goin to changed, but WE didnt kno it was gna changed the same day we applied. and the guys sat at the embassy submitting our paperwork didnt even tell us the laws changed to 21. hope u understand what im trying to tell u...lol.

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:05 pm

Short answer is no - the rules are the rules and you have to be over 21. You applied after the rules changed and you not knowing doesn't make any difference.

Longer answer:

There is currently an appeal going on about these rules which was (I think) recently won by the couple in question. However, the government has indicated they will appeal the appeal (if that make sense). You might be lucky and the rules are changed.

However, the better way of looking at it is this - you applied when you were 18. It's now been 2 years, which makes you 20. That means you've only less than a year to wait.

So - get yourself into a position where you can fulfill the other criteria and apply when both over 21.

Being honest the chances of the rules changing before you both turn 21 are low - so I'd wait.

M.

XnailaX
- thin ice -

Post by XnailaX » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:28 pm

urm actually i was 19 wen i applied and now im 21 so yeh i did wait 2 yeas

but thast easy for u to say apply again...im the one who lost all that hard earned money innit...they're not cheap ...

ana plus the english test has seperate fees...they're jus money dyers lol...

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:15 pm

Well - an appeal will probably require a solicitor to handle properly ... and it'll almost certainly fail ... so it'll be an even bigger waste of hard earned money.

XnailaX
- thin ice -

Post by XnailaX » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:59 pm

not necesarily...