ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I NEED SOME ADVICE....

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hikz
BANNED

I NEED SOME ADVICE....

Post by hikz » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:20 pm

just before i post my Q, id like to thank u for this great effort. i really appreciate what ur doin.
Basically i was arrested on the 23rd of march 2010, i was gona be removed but thanks god it was cancelled. i married a british citizen on the 11th of october 2009 also after being seized i sought asylum as i was afraid to do it before due to the high rate of refused cases, anyway, a decision was made on the 18th of november 2010 in which my claim was refused. i appealed the decision myself, went to court (first-tier tribunal) on the 11th of january 2011 and after like a week on the 19th of january 2011. my appeal was allowed on both asylum and human rights grounds.
Ever since my decision was recieved, ive been continuously askin and goin on the internet like a freak. im happy but propa scared lol.
to round up, i have some questions that id like to ask.
ps: im sorry for being so long, i really appreciate ur help n im really sorry if some of my questions r quite stupid or silly, i hope that u excuse me as i really feel shattered.
1: it takes 12 working days for the AIT to inform me of any lodged appeal by the HO, however the 5 workin days limit has ended, would i get any answer if i contact the AIT tomorrow to ask about the appeal?
2: the HO took my travel document (i had a a travel document issued by the lebanese authorities, its for palestinian refugees), so what kind of document would i get if im accepted? (convention travel document, certificate, stateless, etc..)?
3:how long would it take the home office to inform me of the acceptance of my calim and what would u advise me 2 do in case they prolong it?
im really sorry about the long text, i just wanted to make it easier for u and n myself as some people r not clear some times, also its the first time that i post a question n as i mentioned in the beginning im really freakin out.
I APPRECIATE YOUR HELP
HIKZ

daddy
Member of Standing

asylum

Post by daddy » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:59 pm

your question is not clear, pls make your question clearer for pple to understand you and help you also.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:07 pm

@daddy, I think the OP's post is quite clear

1: it takes 12 working days for the AIT to inform me of any lodged appeal by the HO, however the 5 workin days limit has ended, would i get any answer if i contact the AIT tomorrow to ask about the appeal?

Yes they may well tell you if you call tomorrow

2: the HO took my travel document (i had a a travel document issued by the lebanese authorities, its for palestinian refugees), so what kind of document would i get if im accepted? (convention travel document, certificate, stateless, etc..)?

You can't use your lebanese travel doc even if you had it because presumably you are at risk in the Lebanon. Once UKBA grant you refugee status you can apply for a convention travel document.

3:how long would it take the home office to inform me of the acceptance of my calim and what would u advise me 2 do in case they prolong it?

to avoid prolonging your claim I would advise you send your appeal determination to your NAM caseworker/or the department who initially dealt with your claim and ask them to implement the decision. If you haven't already done so you should also send passport sized photos

hikz
BANNED

Post by hikz » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:49 pm

thx alot greenie i really appreciate ur help..I REALLY DO. u comforted me. but whom shall i call to ask about the appeal? the HO or the AIT?
also, daddy im sorry if i wasnt clear, but i reckon u didnt read the last part

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:55 pm

hikz wrote:. but whom shall i call to ask about the appeal? the HO or the AIT?
Call both.

hikz
BANNED

Post by hikz » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:01 am

THAAAAAAAAAAAAANKS GREENIE, i called my case owner today n basically he said that they didnt appeal also he said to me that they'll contact me very soon regarding my paper-work, after like and hour i recieved a fax... LEAVE TO REMAIN hamdulillah thanks god as its all up to HIM. i was allowed to stay as a refugee. thanks a lot 4 ur advice. however, they asked me to send some photographs so i just wana know how long do u reckon it will take them to send the documents, also would i be able to apply for an insurance number at this stage or i cant except with the documents? and how long would it take to get a travel document?? Again: thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaank u

danysoho

Post by danysoho » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:03 pm

hikz wrote:THAAAAAAAAAAAAANKS GREENIE, i called my case owner today n basically he said that they didnt appeal also he said to me that they'll contact me very soon regarding my paper-work, after like and hour i recieved a fax... LEAVE TO REMAIN hamdulillah thanks god as its all up to HIM. i was allowed to stay as a refugee. thanks a lot 4 ur advice. however, they asked me to send some photographs so i just wana know how long do u reckon it will take them to send the documents, also would i be able to apply for an insurance number at this stage or i cant except with the documents? and how long would it take to get a travel document?? Again: thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaank u
hi am in a same boot as u r, what number did u used to get on the case worker? a

hikz
BANNED

Post by hikz » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:31 pm

i didnt get ur question.... the funny thing is that i dont know what kind of leave have i got... lol. anyway can u answer my Q... appreciated

danysoho

Post by danysoho » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:08 pm

hikz wrote:i didnt get ur question.... the funny thing is that i dont know what kind of leave have i got... lol. anyway can u answer my Q... appreciated
u said u hav contacted your casewoker regarding your appeal and u had an instant response. i wanted to know what number did u get your on? i rang the ukba on the ususal number but the say the cant connect me to my case woker. ta

hikz
BANNED

Post by hikz » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:17 pm

o seen. c the number that they put on the top og the page just dial it n when they pick up try not to say that u wana speak 2 ur caseowner, just say can i speak 2 such n such cz most of the times when they know that hes dealing with ur case theyll tell u o he is not here at the moment. also, my number might be different cz its the west london team but imma give it 2 u anyway. 02088145349

danysoho

Post by danysoho » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:40 pm

hikz wrote:o seen. c the number that they put on the top og the page just dial it n when they pick up try not to say that u wana speak 2 ur caseowner, just say can i speak 2 such n such cz most of the times when they know that hes dealing with ur case theyll tell u o he is not here at the moment. also, my number might be different cz its the west london team but imma give it 2 u anyway. 02088145349
Thankx, my was shefield but i cant get their direct number. can u help?

hikz
BANNED

Post by hikz » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:03 pm

what do u mean u cant change their direct number???

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:49 pm

hikz wrote:THAAAAAAAAAAAAANKS GREENIE, i called my case owner today n basically he said that they didnt appeal also he said to me that they'll contact me very soon regarding my paper-work, after like and hour i recieved a fax... LEAVE TO REMAIN hamdulillah thanks god as its all up to HIM. i was allowed to stay as a refugee. thanks a lot 4 ur advice. however, they asked me to send some photographs so i just wana know how long do u reckon it will take them to send the documents, also would i be able to apply for an insurance number at this stage or i cant except with the documents? and how long would it take to get a travel document?? Again: thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaank u

- In relation to how long it takes to send the document - it varies but if you have spoken to your caseowner directly then that's a good start. Give them two weeks once you have sent your photos and then call them again if the status doc hasn't arrived.

- You said in another post what type of leave will you get? You will get 5 years limited leave to remain. You can apply for indefinite leave to remain after those 5 years. You will have recourse to public funds - meaning you can get means tested benefits. You can also work etc

- You won't be able to get a NINO until you have your status document. When you had your interview though you should have applied for the NINO at the same time. Have you got a copy of your substantive interview record does it same something like "combined NINO application and statement of evidence form" and did you sign the relevent declaration about the NINO? if so then your caseowner should also send off for the NINO. Maybe call him again and check. Sometimes the nino comes with or just after the status paper.

- It can take a while to get the travel docs - up to 14 weeks is normal. It's best to get thinks like your NINO sorted, as well as claiming benefiits or registering with the job centre etc before you apply your your travel doc as you will need your status paper for all those things.

Good Luck!

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:49 pm

danysoho wrote:

when did you claim asylum?

danysoho

Post by danysoho » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:17 pm

Greenie wrote:
danysoho wrote:

when did you claim asylum?
my application is tier1 general. but i still can ge through to my case woker

hikz
BANNED

Post by hikz » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:59 pm

Greenie wrote:

- In relation to how long it takes to send the document - it varies but if you have spoken to your caseowner directly then that's a good start. Give them two weeks once you have sent your photos and then call them again if the status doc hasn't arrived.

- You said in another post what type of leave will you get? You will get 5 years limited leave to remain. You can apply for indefinite leave to remain after those 5 years. You will have recourse to public funds - meaning you can get means tested benefits. You can also work etc

Thanks alot for ur help greenie, i really dunno what to say, uve been so helpful n im sorry for bombarding u with all these questions, i know its only a matter of time but its just that im sooo excited that i cant wait lol.
what confuses me that some people are telling me its an ILR as i got it on both grounds, n others r telling me that i can apply for a british passport just after 1 or 3 years as im married to a british citizen. n on the letter that was sent by UKBA it doesnt state the limit of my stay. so im a bit baffled at the moment.

- You won't be able to get a NINO until you have your status document. When you had your interview though you should have applied for the NINO at the same time. Have you got a copy of your substantive interview record does it same something like "combined NINO application and statement of evidence form" and did you sign the relevent declaration about the NINO? if so then your caseowner should also send off for the NINO. Maybe call him again and check. Sometimes the nino comes with or just after the status paper.

ive just checked my interview documents and yes it states what uve mentioned about the NINO.

- It can take a while to get the travel docs - up to 14 weeks is normal. It's best to get thinks like your NINO sorted, as well as claiming benefiits or registering with the job centre etc before you apply your your travel doc as you will need your status paper for all those things.

but when can i apply for it?? like can i apply once i get the Immigration Status Document?

Good Luck!
THANKS ALOT GREENIE

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:26 pm

Wait until you get your status document but I am pretty sure that you won't get ILR unless you have completed two years leave as the spouse/unmarried partner of a settled/British person under a relevent immigration category (it seems from your original post that you haven't because you said you were arrested for being here illegally)

You will get 5 years limited leave to remain as a refugee. You can't apply for british citizenship until after you have ILR.

NINO - call your caseowner and check that he has submitted the NINO application to the DWP as sometimes they forget.

Travel doc - you can apply for it as soon as you have your status doc but I strongly advise you not to do so until you have got your NINO, registered with the job centre, claimed JSA etc,

hikz
BANNED

Post by hikz » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:31 pm

ok then ill take ur advice... by the way i was here on an 11 months student visa, however i overstayed, got married on the 11th of october 2009 n got seized from my marital home on the 23d of march. so thats probably why others are tellin me its not 5 yrs. anyway thank u greenie n im sorry 4 askin 2 many question, also id like to thank those who are in charge of this wonderful website.