ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

step daughter has ILR can she go to university

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

h masterson
Newly Registered

step daughter has ILR can she go to university

Post by h masterson » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:27 am

I am a uk born citizen, I married my wife who is from outside the EU & her daughter came with her as a dependant at age 16, she is now 17 and next year will apply for her ILR along with my wife,
1. Can my step daughter go to university on the same terms as my own British daughter did,
2. she is presently at a local college studying for her ESOL english when she passes does she need to take the life in UK test, I seem to remember reading that taking an ESOL course means she does not need to take the L In UK test ?

Pierrot95

Re: step daughter has ILR can she go to university

Post by Pierrot95 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:21 am

h masterson wrote:I am a uk born citizen, I married my wife who is from outside the EU & her daughter came with her as a dependant at age 16, she is now 17 and next year will apply for her ILR along with my wife,
1. Can my step daughter go to university on the same terms as my own British daughter did,
2. she is presently at a local college studying for her ESOL english when she passes does she need to take the life in UK test, I seem to remember reading that taking an ESOL course means she does not need to take the L In UK test ?
1. She needs to spend at least 3 years in the UK before she can be considered a local student.
2. If she doesn't go for the LUK test, she needs ESOL courses + Citizenship courses.