ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

wrong version of form

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

manavarora
Newly Registered

wrong version of form

Post by manavarora » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:44 pm

Hi,

I applied for tier 1 (general) visa from inside UK last week. however yesterday, I noticed that I have mistakenly used the oder version of the form ( 11/10 in place of 12/10).

old form does not have references to biometric residence permit. reading some of the other posts on the forum, believe, the application will be returned / rejected because I used the wrong version.

would greatly appreciate if anyone who has gone through similar situation, share any suggestion on what should I do now. I am worried because Tier 1 visa gets over in april and going by the current timelines, it will be difficult to re-apply in time once I get my application returned / rejected by end of march / early april.

thanks

itsabcb
Newly Registered

Re: wrong version of form

Post by itsabcb » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:10 pm

[quote="manavarora"]Hi,

I applied for tier 1 (general) visa from inside UK last week. however yesterday, I noticed that I have mistakenly used the oder version of the form ( 11/10 in place of 12/10).

old form does not have references to biometric residence permit. reading some of the other posts on the forum, believe, the application will be returned / rejected because I used the wrong version.

would greatly appreciate if anyone who has gone through similar situation, share any suggestion on what should I do now. I am worried because Tier 1 visa gets over in april and going by the current timelines, it will be difficult to re-apply in time once I get my application returned / rejected by end of march / early april.

thanks[/quote]

Hi

I had applied with the Nov version of the form too to avoid the Biometrics, thinking it would take more time, but Ive got a letter saying I would have to do the biometric as part of my application. So fingers crossed your form will be accepted too and they will tell you to book an appointment for biometrics.

Good luck

manavarora
Newly Registered

Post by manavarora » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:17 pm

thanks itsabcb.

when did you apply? as per the rules, you could still apply using the november version till 4th of Jan.

I applied on 15th Jan

itsabcb
Newly Registered

Post by itsabcb » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:30 am

I had applied on the 29th of Dec.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:33 am

Your app will be rejected as invalid but it shouldn't take until end of march
when does your leave expire?

manavarora
Newly Registered

Post by manavarora » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:08 am

validity of my leave isn't an issue - I can be here till end of this year but would I be able to apply again straight away once I get the 'invalid' letter?

and also, what would happen to the fees that has already been deducted.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:51 am

no reason why you can't apply straight away once they return the invalid app.

They should refund the fees.

How did you pay?

manavarora
Newly Registered

Post by manavarora » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:59 am

Thanks Greenie. thats good news in a way!

I paid using a debit card.