ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Self Employed contractor-Need to sponsor parents to Visit UK

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

chiraju

Self Employed contractor-Need to sponsor parents to Visit UK

Post by chiraju » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:20 pm

Hi

I am a contractor working as a IT consultant and have my own limited company.
I would like to sponsor my Parents to visit UK.

What I read from the UMBA website is, if one wants to sponsor a general / Family visitor then they need to provide evidence to show that they can support the visitors financially on their visit to UK by providing last 6 months pay slip and bank statement (or Savings bank account)

But as a contractor what documents I need to provide?
I can provide my pay slip but only with less salary (as I take less salary and more dividend)

Can some one explain what documents I can provide?

Thanks
Raj

anandsun

Post by anandsun » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:12 pm

Hi,
IMO, you are not self employed. You are only employed as a director of your limited company. The requirements for visitor visa to the UK for your parents will be the same as for any other 'employed' person.

Your pay may be less (not that it has any impact on the application), but if you were to show enough savings to support your claim that you can support your parents financially during their visit, that should be sufficient.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

chiraju

Post by chiraju » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:48 am

anandsun wrote:Hi,
IMO, you are not self employed. You are only employed as a director of your limited company. The requirements for visitor visa to the UK for your parents will be the same as for any other 'employed' person.

Your pay may be less (not that it has any impact on the application), but if you were to show enough savings to support your claim that you can support your parents financially during their visit, that should be sufficient.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.
Thanks for the info.

pvivekrao

Post by pvivekrao » Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:37 pm

Hi Raj,

Did you manage to get visa for your parents?

I am also IT consultant working with own limited company, could you please help me with documentation?

Thanks
Vivek

jp70

Post by jp70 » Mon May 09, 2011 4:11 pm

Hope this helps.

Cheers.
How do you prove that you have enough savings? How do you prove that you have savings?

NaniHari
Newly Registered

Post by NaniHari » Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:49 pm

jp70 wrote:

Hope this helps.

Cheers.
How do you prove that you have enough savings? How do you prove that you have savings?

Hi Raj,

Hope your parents got Visa.

I am also an IT contractor through my own Ltd company and would like to apply for visa to my parents in next month.

it could be great if you can send me the list of documents and any templates if possible.

Thanks
in Advance...

NaniHari
Newly Registered

Post by NaniHari » Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:39 pm

NaniHari wrote:
jp70 wrote:

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

Hi Raj,

Hope your parents got Visa.

I am also an IT contractor through my own Ltd company and would like to apply for visa to my parents in next month.

it could be great if you can send me the list of documents and any templates if possible.

Thanks
in Advance...
Hi Raj,

Hope your parents got the visa. I am also IT contractor and of course director to my own ltd company. I am planning to bring my in-laws.

Could you please send me the list of documents and also could you please confirm regarding the accomodation proof.

Actually I stay in 1 bed house and I can submit the rental aggrement but my doubt is will UKBA consider inviting another 2 extra persons into a single bed house.

If not, any alternatives please.

Thanks