ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Notarised copy of passport / ACA trainee work experience

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

abbas18
Newly Registered

Notarised copy of passport / ACA trainee work experience

Post by abbas18 » Tue May 30, 2006 11:24 pm

Hi,

I am currently in the UK on a work permit (expiring 30/9/2009) and wish to apply for a HSMP. As I am under 28 years of age I understand I need to provide with my application a notarised copy of my passport. I have the following questions :

1. Does one need a colour copy of only the ID pages of my passport notarised OR the full passport?

2. Does one need the copy to be notarised or a solicitor to certify it as a true copy or both?

3. My exisiting work permit residence permit is valid on my old passport. Do I have to provide a colour copy of the residence permit as well? And if yes does that copy have to be notarised as well?

My last question is regarding work experience. I am a qualified ACA. I qualified in 2004, after completing a 3 year training contract. Does my time as an ACA trainee count towards 'work experience in a graduate role'? My employer only takes on graduates for this role, however I know that it is NOT an ICAEW requirment to be a graduate to enter into a training contract.

Some feedback from other ACA trainees/qualified would also be highly appreciated.

Kind regards.

abbas18
Newly Registered

Post by abbas18 » Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:49 pm

Some sort of reply would be much appreciated!

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:14 am

No... you just need to send photocopy of first two pages of your passport. Black and white copies are also accepted by HSMP team. Yes, to my mind you also need to send the attested copy of your residence permit/work permit in order to confirm your status in the U.K.