ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

help with MPs non response

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shumba
Newly Registered

help with MPs non response

Post by shumba » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:29 pm

hello everyone

i am losing hope in my local mp and dont know whos head i have to jump to get anything moving, i have written emails, phone calls, and even wrote a letter and still waiting for a response even an acknowledgement to say he got my messages, and that has been over a month

i know they do get busy but surely they have someone in their offices to deal with letters and offer assistance to their constituents, like they promised during campaigning time to serve their people i feel betrayed by him, does anyone know how to get the MP's attention? o get a response off him? if i cant get response from him who else can i ask for help with UKBA? please someone help me with information

thanks everone

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:41 pm

Does your MP run a surgery locally so you can see him/her in person?

What have you asked for your MP's assistance with?

shumba
Newly Registered

Post by shumba » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:49 pm

he doesnt have any surgeries in our area i would have but the next town which without any money is difficult, i asked him to help asking the home office on the time it took to complete a legacy case and for the progress of my case o how far they have gone on my case

mochyn
Diamond Member

Post by mochyn » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:39 pm

I wrote to my MP on my case but he replied saying ''Contact the HO''

Useless!

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:51 pm

Your MP should respond to you but there is often littley they can do.

From reading some of your previous posts it doesn't seem that you have been waiting long (relatively speaking when it comes to legacy cases) for a decision.

How long have you been in the UK?
When did you claim asylum and when were you refused?
Did you submit a further application to UKBA on the basis of your family life or did they request information which you then submitted?

Legacy cases can take years to be decided so you might have to wait a while longer yet unless there are compelling reasons why your case should be prioritised.

Do you have a solicitor/legal rep?

shumba
Newly Registered

Post by shumba » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:35 am

thats wats bothered me greenie, i have sent emails after emails and phoned his office and letters and still no response, the previous MP who was labour (not that there is anything wrong with the tories) responded withing a couple of days and even came to my hose to talk and he contacted the home office to check on the progress and it kida moved from being in a pile to request of pictures within a few weeks,

i came to the uk in 2002 refused asylum 2002 and appealed 2003 refused and since im from zimbabwe wasnt returned due to the situation then got married 2009 and was put in legacy 2008june wen they requested pics and then they went cold then july last year requested more pics due to MP intervention and went cold again and december last year requested more pics and went quiet so yes it seems i whinge a lot lol cos i just want to look after my family
i was going to put in another claim for FLR (m) but was advised it will just be a duplication of applications as the legacy deals with that too and they will probably look at the one most likely to fail so if legacy fails then then put in the other one
yes i have representitives and they cant do anything with the legacy team but wait till they decide they want to deal with my case wen and as as they feel
besides compelling cases how else can i make my case a priority?

thanks a lot

shumba
Newly Registered

Post by shumba » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:43 am

mochyn wrote:I wrote to my MP on my case but he replied saying ''Contact the HO''

Useless!
who do you report such blatant disregard for a call for help by someone in authority? with the police you have their superiors and commission with doctors they have the GMC wat about the MP's who do you report to?
that was bang out of order for him to say that wen you asked, my previous MP even came home and talked about it and sent them a letter and they requested pics after a week o so of the MP letter this one is totally rubbish just wasting the tax payers money on paper clips lol