ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

does article 8 give right to non eu national to stay in Uk

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hphp
Newly Registered

does article 8 give right to non eu national to stay in Uk

Post by hphp » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:15 pm

can a non eu national get a legal right to stay based on article 8 because of a child 5 years old, the child is not his biologically but he lived with the child until I started divorce and waiting for it to go through, asap.

Where can I find that article 8 regulation, and what is meant by dual relationship With eea national in that article 8.

SSEF

Re: does article 8 give right to non eu national to stay in

Post by SSEF » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:14 pm

hphp wrote:can a non eu national get a legal right to stay based on article 8 because of a child 5 years old, the child is not his biologically but he lived with the child until I started divorce and waiting for it to go through, asap.

Where can I find that article 8 regulation, and what is meant by dual relationship With eea national in that article 8.
It would depend on the situation, is his name on the birth certificate? Does that child have his name? Does that child call him "daddy" if none of the above then he doesnt really have any rights to that child and he doesnt need to pay anything...and he certainly couldnt claim on the grounds of Article 8 for a child thats not his and has no real strong emotional ties to...But as I said it depends on the situation and on what he tells his solicitor..

hphp
Newly Registered

Name isn't on birth certificate

Post by hphp » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:40 am

This name isn't on birthcertificate my he is only more social father, since my child was born in marriage my child does call him daddy. If he decided to pay maitance it's a free choice not something as you said the law can force him to do. But our separation was very long and he hasn't seen my child so often or on regular basic how can he prove his emotional ties? My childs birth certificate says unknown father! Because he dissapaired suddently, I have another question, oneday if he came would he have any rights, based on the article 8, bearning in mind he did nothing for my child would he have any rights cause he is a biological father? Also to enable any rights via article 8 should that father social or biological ( or biological father or non biological father ) pay maintanance or any money to support the child to express to home office that they have real interest in childs life?to make their case stronger?