ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof of Qualification

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

deepstack31
Newly Registered

Proof of Qualification

Post by deepstack31 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:19 pm

Hi All

Would appreciate if anyone can shed light on this query. I intend to apply for Tier 1 within the next few weeks, and aim to claim 35 Points for Professional Qualification ( CA from Institute of Chartered Accounts of Scotland).

The only trouble is that I dont have the original Certificate as it has not yet been issued. They have provided me with a letter which says "I was admitted to membership on 21st January...and I'm a fully qualified CA".

Doesnt explicitly mention that Certificate has not been issued etc. I dont think I can get transcripts either (as its not a University Course), we dont really have these. All we had was results posted online.

Has anyone ben in a similar postiion to this ? Would appreciate any input.

Thanks

sunny!!!

Re: Proof of Qualification

Post by sunny!!! » Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:14 pm

Hi,
I am not an expert but reading on UKBA’s website, you can obtain a reference letter covering the following details, as stated in section 93. I am quoting this from UKBA policy guidance.

92. The academic reference from the institution awarding the degree must be on the official headed paper of the institution and clearly show the:
applicant’s name;
title of award;
date of award, confirming that it has been/ will be awarded; and
either the date that the certificate will be issued (if the applicant has not yet graduated) or confirmation that the institution is unable to re-issue the original certificate or award.
The academic transcript must be on the institution’s official paper and must show the:
applicant’s name;
name of the academic institution;
course title; and
confirmation of the award.

93. If the applicant cannot provide his/ her original certificate for one of the reasons given above and is claiming points for a qualification with a significant research bias (frequently doctorates) he/she may not be able to provide an academic transcript. In these cases we will accept an academic reference alone. The academic reference must include all the information detailed above.

Good luck with your application.
Sunny