ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa for spouse of Irish citizen

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

WOLF DANCE
Newly Registered

Visa for spouse of Irish citizen

Post by WOLF DANCE » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:56 pm

Hi,

I'm a naturalized Irish national and still holding my non EU nationality as Irish laws do allow dual nationality.

I applied for my wife whom is a none EU to join me here about 6 weeks ago, on DOJ website it mentioned that a visa application should take 4-6 weeks but 6 weeks has passed and still no updates from the Visa section. Note that I applied directly to DOJ visa section in Dublin.

So, I was wondering if there are many people in this situation. Or if there is anyone who applied for his/her none EU spouse to join them, would be interesting to know how long it took them to receive a decision?

Thanks

WD

9jeirean

Re: Visa for spouse of Irish citizen

Post by 9jeirean » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:09 am

WOLF DANCE wrote:Hi,

I'm a naturalized Irish national and still holding my non EU nationality as Irish laws do allow dual nationality.

I applied for my wife whom is a none EU to join me here about 6 weeks ago, on DOJ website it mentioned that a visa application should take 4-6 weeks but 6 weeks has passed and still no updates from the Visa section. Note that I applied directly to DOJ visa section in Dublin.

So, I was wondering if there are many people in this situation. Or if there is anyone who applied for his/her none EU spouse to join them, would be interesting to know how long it took them to receive a decision?

Thanks

WD
With reference to highlighted part of your post. Any particular reason you applied directly to the DoJ in Dublin? I ask because DoJ would only accept such applications if their is no visa office (Irish consulate) in, or serving your spouse's country of residence. I am hoping this is the case otherwise DoJ might have to redirect your application to the relevant Irish consulate.
Last edited by 9jeirean on Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

WOLF DANCE
Newly Registered

Re: Visa for spouse of Irish citizen

Post by WOLF DANCE » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:39 am

9jeirean wrote:
WOLF DANCE wrote:Hi,

Thanks

WD
With reference to highlighted parted of your post. Any particular reason you applied directly to the DoJ in Dublin? I ask because DoJ would only accept such applications if their is no visa office (Irish consulate) in, or serving your spouse's country of residence. I am hoping this is the case otherwise DoJ might have to redirect your application to the relevant Irish consulate.
That exactly is the reason I applied directly to DOJ, do you have a similar expereince?