ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

child benefit during ILR to apply for citizenship

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Royncl
Newly Registered

child benefit during ILR to apply for citizenship

Post by Royncl » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:05 pm

hi all,
asked this question on another forum but it seems it needs someone with citizenship experience to comment on.
basically I want to know if my child beneift in my ILR period will affect my citizenship and my wife's application for IRL from spouse visa

my message is here:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 375#452375

thanks in advance

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:20 pm

No it will have no bearing on your citizenship application. You have recourse to public funds once you have ILR. Therefore you can claim child benefit. The fact that your wife doesn't have IRL when you were claiming CB for your child doesn't matter.

Royncl
Newly Registered

Post by Royncl » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:35 pm

thanks so much for your swift reply.
I don't wanna claim other benefits but I think this one is for my baby and she is british citizen

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:37 pm

you should claim all benefits that you are entitled to. they won't effect your application for British Citizenship.