ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Transfer of Conditions timelines

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

offstumpfail
Newly Registered

Transfer of Conditions timelines

Post by offstumpfail » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:41 pm

Hi,

I'm not sure if you can help me as I just want a bit of advice how to deal with the UK Home Office.

I'm an Australian living in the UK under the Tier 1 (General) Visa, and currently employed. I had my passport stolen when on holiday in August last year, and after re-entering the UK on emergency passport I obtained a replacement passport, my final step is to get my Tier 1 Visa reissued. That is the problem.

On 19th November I sent the postal application to the Home Office for Transfer of Conditions, as instructed.

I called a few times to check on progress and was told that no enquiry can be made until 14 weeks have elapsed.

On 19 January I called again to ask if I should have received something by now. The Home Office said that I should have received Biometric appointment letter. They send a fresh one out to me and I registered my Biometrics on 25 January.

I called them again today to find out some idea how long the process might now take, as I need to travel in March. I was told that the TOC can take up to 6 MONTHS now and if I need to travel I need to request my documents back, make an appointment at public enquiry office, pay £600 (and lose the £200 I've already paid), and wait a further 15 days for my passport.

Is this just a money spinning exercise of the Home Office? Am I really likely to have to wait 6 months if I don't do this?

Would a letter from my employer stating that I need my passport for business travel be of any assistance?

This is just really, really frustrating.

Thanks,

offstumpfail
Newly Registered

Post by offstumpfail » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:43 am

Anyone?