ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

passport not given after it was granted

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sleeplesstime
Newly Registered

Post by sleeplesstime » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:18 am

hi

2 days ago, i applied for ILR. the lady at the counted told me its granted. They told me to wait for 30-40 mins and will call my name. i waited for nearly 2 hrs. I am very much impatient and dying to see my passport. Then a different lady came with the letter stating that, everything is fine with the paperwork but we need to do some enquiries. they didt told me for what and hav't given any kind of time limit. I am just worried. When everything was in order i paid £1250/- in person, so why just delay in giving my passport back. Can any of you let me know, when will i receive my passport.

thank you

ash004
Newly Registered

Post by ash004 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:29 am

Be patient...it seems that home office is doing some cross verification here...good luck :)

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: passport not given after it was granted

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:20 pm

sleeplesstime wrote: Can any of you let me know, when will i receive my passport.
As and when UKBA completes their enquiries regarding your application, and makes a final decision on the application in light of the results of the verification / enquiries.

regards

rajathwp

Query

Post by rajathwp » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:44 pm

Query to "Sleep"- Can you please tell which PEO and Which Category did you apply ...Cheers

sleeplesstime
Newly Registered

Post by sleeplesstime » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:13 pm

HI

Thanks for your reply. I have applied as a single applicant for SET O form, the lady earlier told me that, i have been granted for ILR and after waiting for nearly 2 hours another lady came and handed over me the letter stating that we need to do some enquires. When I paid nearly £1250.00 as a premium rate, i expected atleast a time limit. They just told me that they will courier to my house. I am really confused.

Please guide.

Thanks again

Pierrot95

Post by Pierrot95 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:53 pm

At this stage, we can only guess but even guessing is difficult if we know nothing about your case.
- Under which category did you apply?
- What documents did you submit?
- More importantly, are you confident that your application was straightforward?

sleeplesstime
Newly Registered

Post by sleeplesstime » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:34 pm

Hi

I have submitted all my paper works correctly, not a single time they said it missing and lady who looked my documents. She did confirm that i have been granted with ILR and she told me to take a seat. And they waited me nearly two hours and came with a letter stating that, they cannot give me the passport they need to do some enquires. I just dont understand when earlier she granted me and its not given it to me. Spending so much of money and not getting any kind of proper answer when will i receive my passport.

This is really outrageous. what you all say?

Thanks again.

Rupal

Pierrot95

Post by Pierrot95 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:43 pm

What she said doesn't matter. I am sure even if you are granted ILR by mistake it can be revoked.
You are not saying if YOU think your application was straightforward.

xyz123

Post by xyz123 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:44 am

sleeplesstime wrote:Hi

I have submitted all my paper works correctly, not a single time they said it missing and lady who looked my documents. She did confirm that i have been granted with ILR and she told me to take a seat. And they waited me nearly two hours and came with a letter stating that, they cannot give me the passport they need to do some enquires. I just dont understand when earlier she granted me and its not given it to me. Spending so much of money and not getting any kind of proper answer when will i receive my passport.

This is really outrageous. what you all say?

Thanks again.

Rupal
no that's not outrageous. Read the UKBA website, they never claim that all applicants who apply in person get same day answer.

it depends on your application, docs submitted and immigration history.

you have not given any details here as to what these were (i.e. which category, your UK visa history, absences from UK, documents which you submitted etc). So no one can help you here but speculate.

i am sure its stressful but there is nothing you can do about this other than wait.

sleeplesstime
Newly Registered

Passport not received

Post by sleeplesstime » Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:24 pm

HI

WHEN THE LADY CHECKED ALL MY PAPERS ONE BY ONE FOR SET(O). APPLICATION WAS FOR INDEFINATE LEAVE TO REMAIN. MY PAPERS WERE IN ORDERS. 3 MONTHS BANK STATEMENT, 3 MONTHS PAYSLIP, 6 YEARS P60, EMPLOYER LETTER AND LIFE IN UK CERTIFICATE. ALL PAPERS WERE TIP TO TOE PRESENT.

THEN SHE GAVE ME HER DECISION THAT I'VE BEEN GRANTED AND NEED TO WAIT FOR PASSPORT.

I WENT THERE 11:30 AND FINISHED AT 16:40PM ALL THIS HOURS I WAS WAITING. THEN THIS LADY CAME WITH THE LETTER STATING, WE NEED TO SOME ENQUIRIES. BUT SHE DID NOT TELL ME HOW MUCH TIME IT WILL TAKE TO GET MY PASSPORT BACK. I PAID NEARLY £1250.00 AT CROYDON. AS A PREMIUM MONEY AND NO ANSWERS? COMMON ON....

NEXT DAY MY FRIEND APPLY TO SHEFFIELD. NO PROPER PAPERS AND HE GOT IT THE SAME DAY.

I THINK, IF WE ARE PAYING FOR SUCH A HUGE AMOUNT WE NEED TO KNOW THE TIME LIMIT.

THNKS

jinkazama_11
Member of Standing

Re: Passport not received

Post by jinkazama_11 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:42 pm

sleeplesstime wrote:HI

WHEN THE LADY CHECKED ALL MY PAPERS ONE BY ONE FOR SET(O). APPLICATION WAS FOR INDEFINATE LEAVE TO REMAIN. MY PAPERS WERE IN ORDERS. 3 MONTHS BANK STATEMENT, 3 MONTHS PAYSLIP, 6 YEARS P60, EMPLOYER LETTER AND LIFE IN UK CERTIFICATE. ALL PAPERS WERE TIP TO TOE PRESENT.

THEN SHE GAVE ME HER DECISION THAT I'VE BEEN GRANTED AND NEED TO WAIT FOR PASSPORT.

I WENT THERE 11:30 AND FINISHED AT 16:40PM ALL THIS HOURS I WAS WAITING. THEN THIS LADY CAME WITH THE LETTER STATING, WE NEED TO SOME ENQUIRIES. BUT SHE DID NOT TELL ME HOW MUCH TIME IT WILL TAKE TO GET MY PASSPORT BACK. I PAID NEARLY £1250.00 AT CROYDON. AS A PREMIUM MONEY AND NO ANSWERS? COMMON ON....

NEXT DAY MY FRIEND APPLY TO SHEFFIELD. NO PROPER PAPERS AND HE GOT IT THE SAME DAY.

I THINK, IF WE ARE PAYING FOR SUCH A HUGE AMOUNT WE NEED TO KNOW THE TIME LIMIT.

THNKS
I can understand ur frustration but u still didn't answer the question.
You applied for ILR on form SET(O) but which category? Work permit, Tier1, HSMP-JR, Long residence or some other category?

xyz123

Re: Passport not received

Post by xyz123 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:09 pm

THNKS
Fact that you pay big money doesnt matter. You should have known that getting ILR on same day is subject to home office being satisfied with eveyrthing not just last 3 months document. if you dont want to pay big money only sure way is you apply through postal application, which will proably take even longer.

Completely understand your frustration but point i am making is it is not home office's fault (and probably neither yours). unless they are satisfied they have rights to withhold application.

York123

Post by York123 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:57 am

Do you have any unspent convictions?
Did you mention any of them?
Sometimes they may enquire about it, but it iwll not have any impact on getting ILR as per current rules..

rajathwp

Post by rajathwp » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:38 am

Did you hear from Home Office ... Please keep us posted ...

sleeplesstime
Newly Registered

Hi

Post by sleeplesstime » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:10 am

I have still got no response. Have you received yours and when?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:34 am

QUICK QUESTION TO ALL
AS CURRENTLY I AM IN INDIA AS MY PASSPORT WAS WITH DIFFERENT NAMES TO CHANGE IT I HAVE TO BE IN INDIA. EVERYTHING IS TAKING TOO MUCH OF TIME BUT IT WILL BE DONE

CAN I GET MY ILR STAMPED IN INDIA AS I HAVE ALREADY APPLIED IN UK AS DUE TO PASSPORT CHANGE I HAVE TO BE IN INDIA.

WHAT ALL PROCEDURES ARE THERE TO APPLY.

PLEASE GIVE ME PROPER GUIDANCE.

THANK YOU
Greenie wrote:Your post is unclear. Have you been granted ilr or did you just apply? Why is your name different?

Please don't write in capitals. It is considered to be the same as shouting.
sleeplesstime wrote:Hello

I have stayed in UK for almost 7 years, first time when I came to UK was on working Holiday maker visa in 2004. After 2 years in 2006 I got my work permit. I stayed for another 5 years last month I filed my application for ILR. I waited nearly 3 months. Due to some reason my passport shows some kind of discrepancy with the name change. I received a call from home office informing me to see them urgently. As they gave my passport back and informed me that I need to get a new passport as my name was not mentioned correctly. and see them again within 14 days. A very next day I went to Indian embassy asking for correction. As they said we cannot change it here you need to do where it was originally issued as I need to put court order for changes and that can only be done in India. I straight away contacted Home office and fax and sent a letter requesting for extension. And came back to India. It took 3 months just to get my passport corrected. Again I was constantly been in touch with Home office sending them a letter but no response received so for any of correspondence. When I called them they informed me that my ILR is been withdrawn. I really need a help and proper guidance from WHERE CAN I START? and what is the best option.

thank you
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:50 pm

Very bad move: Your ILR application was treated as withdrawn (34J) once you got your passport back and left the UK.

Did you go and see them again within 14 days, as requested?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

sleeplesstime
Newly Registered

RE:

Post by sleeplesstime » Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:38 am

Hi

Well i was writing them a letter, and being in touch with them. As I have not withdrawn my application, its been done by them itself. I spoke to a lawyer, he says that withdrawn application can be re-consider at any point of time. But as I dont know whom to contact

If you know what will be the right way.

Thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:04 am

Didn't the lawyer know whom to contact or the right way?

sleeplesstime
Newly Registered

RE

Post by sleeplesstime » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:19 am

Hi Vinny

Well Lawyer is too confused as this is a very weird matter. But i dont wont to loose hope. Everything is possible, it just we need to find the write way. Definately it will take a loads of time but will go for it.

IF you find any kind of solution, please let me know

Thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:43 pm

Perhaps seek help from someone else who isn't confused.

Do you have any current leave to enter the UK again?

Unfortunately, given the limited information, I think that you have little or no chance because you had left the UK.

sleeplesstime
Newly Registered

Re

Post by sleeplesstime » Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:58 am

Hi Vinny

Well thanks for a advised, but will never give up; always remember every rules there is a way out.

thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:13 am

Good luck! Do let us know what happens.