ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British passport for childern

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

amit14nov
Newly Registered

British passport for childern

Post by amit14nov » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:18 pm

Hi,

I have got a query regarding the form that i have to fill up for applying the british passport for my childern.

Me and my wife has got Indefinite Leave to remain (Got the ILR in Oct, 2010). My son was born after i got my ILR, whereas I was on a work permit when my daughter was born (UK)

Now i want to apply for the british passport for my childern. My query is which application form i have to fill up for applying the british passport. Do i have to fill up MN1 for both the childern or only for my daughter?

Someone told me that i don't have to fill up the MN1 application from if the child is born after you have got the ILR.

Please advice.

Regards,
Amit

nax_72

Post by nax_72 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:55 pm

If your second kid is born after you received the ILR then no need to naturalise that kid as a BC as he is already a BC. Just apply for British passport. But for your daughter who was born before you received your ILR need naturalization as BC. Use MN1 form for that.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:35 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

amit14nov
Newly Registered

Post by amit14nov » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:22 pm

Thanks a lot Guys.

One query more..

My daughter is having an Indian Passport. Do I have to surrender the passport to indian embassy before filling up the MN1 form or after getting the British passport.

Thanks & Regards,
Amit

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:22 pm

After she is registered as British citizen.

regards