ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

spouse visa queries

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

silver7
BANNED

spouse visa queries

Post by silver7 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:42 pm

Hi

i got married in jan 2009 and now im planning to spnosr my wife for spouse visa. I am working full time for last 8 months and before that i was on JSA for nearly year and half.

I need to know if its a problem being on JSA for that much period before starting a full time job in this case?

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Re: spouse visa: sponsor previously on JSA

Post by ElenaW » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:55 pm

silver7 wrote:Hi

i got married in jan 2009 and now im planning to spnosr my wife for spouse visa. I am working full time for last 8 months and before that i was on JSA for nearly year and half.

I need to know if its a problem being on JSA for that much period before starting a full time job in this case?
No problem.

silver7
BANNED

Post by silver7 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:49 pm

I want to add a 'job offer letter' with the spouse visa app of my wife as a supporting doc. A friend of mine is ready to give me a job offer letter for his clinic. All i need to know is what this letter should look like?
Is there anyone who can give us a sample 'job offer letter for spouse' please?

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:03 pm

To whom it may concern

Re: Verification of employment for Fred Bloggs

Please accept this letter as confirmation that Fred Bloggs has been employed with Sainsburys PLC since 1st January 2001. Currently, Fred Bloggs

• holds the title of Assistant Store Manager
• earns a salary of £29950, payable annually
• works on a full time basis of 42 hours per week

If you have any questions or require further information, please don't hesitate to contact me at [employer phone number].

yours sincerely

[Employer representative name]
[Employer title]

silver7
BANNED

Post by silver7 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:01 pm

batleykhan wrote:To whom it may concern

Re: Verification of employment for Fred Bloggs

Please accept this letter as confirmation that Fred Bloggs has been employed with Sainsburys PLC since 1st January 2001. Currently, Fred Bloggs

• holds the title of Assistant Store Manager
• earns a salary of £29950, payable annually
• works on a full time basis of 42 hours per week

If you have any questions or require further information, please don't hesitate to contact me at [employer phone number].

yours sincerely

[Employer representative name]
[Employer title]
Thank you so much batleykhan for your reply. But this is not what i am looking for. Its my bad i could not explain my query properly. Actually im planning to sponsor my wife on spouse visa from Pakistan. I have all the documents ready i.e 6 months wage slips, bank statements, tenancy agreement, council tax payments, employer's letter, letters, emails etc. But the thing is im just short of the required weekly amount after paying rent and council tax. So i asked a friend who is a doctor and runs his own clinic to get me a job offer letter for my wife as a supporting document. He needs to know what exactly to put in it. It is a genuine offer and the vacancy is available but my wife wont take it once she is here.
So please if it is possible for you to get me a sample letter of that kind let me know, i will be grateful.

I will also ask my landlord a favor to reduce the rent amount on the tenancy agreement for a few months just to show ECO and i will keep paying him the actual amount.

Im sure the sample letter you have provided will be helpful for others.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:25 am

I can see a 'tangled web' unfolding here which may well cause problems further down the line when your wife applies for ILR.
ECO's are trained to spot all the 'tricks'.

rbk1597

Post by rbk1597 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:53 am

my advice:
DON'T attempt to deceive by lying, false documents, fake letters, adhoc agreements etc.
If the job offer is real, your friend should know how to write it, surely he already have other employers whon he has offered jobs.
For the rent, lowering it for few months will raise eyebrows.
Best thing is to be honest in everything, and offer explanations where you fall short of the requirements than trying to circumvent.

silver7
BANNED

Post by silver7 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:57 pm

Hello Casa and rbk1597, I am so grateful to you guys for such valuable advice.

I have changed my mind regarding getting that job offer letter now. Though it was not a fake one as my friend runs his own clinic and did create a vacancy aswell. But as Casa has mentioned it could create problems on the ILR stage if my wife dont take this offer as it was planned.

But I still dont think lowering the rent amount on the tenancy agreement to overcome the shotfall is something which could make ECO think its a trick or something?

cheers

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:08 pm

silver7 wrote: But I still dont think lowering the rent amount on the tenancy agreement to overcome the shotfall is something which could make ECO think its a trick or something?
Well you'd (well actually your wife, since it's her application) will be making false representations, so if they find out then she'd be subject to a mandatory refusal. If you submit false documents/make false reps about something like your rent they will also question other aspects of your application.
If you submit your bank stmts with your application and it shows that your rent suddenly decreased then the ECO will be suspicous.

In my view it is not worth the risk.

Study786
BANNED

Post by Study786 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:33 pm

Greenie wrote:
silver7 wrote: But I still dont think lowering the rent amount on the tenancy agreement to overcome the shotfall is something which could make ECO think its a trick or something?
Well you'd (well actually your wife, since it's her application) will be making false representations, so if they find out then she'd be subject to a mandatory refusal. If you submit false documents/make false reps about something like your rent they will also question other aspects of your application.
If you submit your bank stmts with your application and it shows that your rent suddenly decreased then the ECO will be suspicous.

In my view it is not worth the risk.
Thank you so much Greenie for the advice.

But im still not convinced how the tenancy agreement is false or fake when its the landlord himself declaring what amount he is charging me. There is no direct debit set for the house rent on my account and its not possible to find out on bank statement how much im paying my landlord. I dont pay him on a set date of the month and never withdrew the exact rent amoun from bank. Also i have just moved into this property and there is no agreement signed yet anyway so no question of any previously signed agreements showing a greater amount.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:55 pm

silver7 wrote:

I will also ask my landlord a favor to reduce the rent amount on the tenancy agreement for a few months just to show ECO and i will keep paying him the actual amount.
The tenancy agreement is false/submitting it consitutes a misrepresentation because the amount he is putting as your rent is not the amount you are actual paying him. If you were my client I would not assist you with the application if you insisted on submitting this document and would strongly advise you against submitting it.

How much is the rent and how much is he (not) 'lowering' it to? How many rooms are in your flat? If the ECO thinks the rent doesn't sound right he could query it.

Ultimately it is your decision but I've given the advice that I believe to be correct.

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:33 pm

wait so how do you pay the rent? In cash? Because the bank statements are meant to show the ECO your monthly incomings and outgoings.

I agree with the others, the rent thing you're trying to pull is even worse than getting your friend to give her a job offer letter.

pennylessinindia

Post by pennylessinindia » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:58 pm

why so much lying - it is folks like you that make it hard for the genuine ones
If you do not have enough money to support your spouse wait til you have do not make it all up
pennyless

sally12345

Post by sally12345 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:15 pm

pennylessinindia wrote:why so much lying - it is folks like you that make it hard for the genuine ones
If you do not have enough money to support your spouse wait til you have do not make it all up
thanyou penntless i so argee its people like the op making it hard god help me who is being honset and could get refused!