ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Communication error from UKBA

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vishal.n.sharma15
Newly Registered

Communication error from UKBA

Post by vishal.n.sharma15 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:17 pm

Hi All,

I applied for my PSW from Sheffield in December, 2010. I moved from Sheffield to London in search for jobs in the meanwhile as I thought that the visa would be issued in about 6 weeks (the general time frame).

Today, the tenants at my prev house in Sheffield informed me of a letter from UKBA. It said that the photograph in my application was older than one month and they want new photographs which should reach them by 25th January failing which no further extensions can be provided.

The date was gone by but the letter was recieved today, 28th Jan.

What am I supposed to do? I will definately give them a call on Monay 31st jan, but what if they have already rejected my application??? is there anything I can do? Since I jst recieved the news today for fresh photos.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:36 pm

Did the recieve the letter today or just tell you about it today?
Do you know what the date on the letter was?
Do you know how it was sent (just by 1st/2nd class or was it by recorded delivery?).
Ask the tenant this and also ask them to keep the envelope and tell you what the date stamp on the envelope is.

Your application will be returned as invalid rather than refused. If your leave hasn't expired already then submit a new application straightaway. If your leave has expired resubmit the application and ask them to treat it as 'in time' and explain what happened.

There might still be time though so call them first thing on Mon.

vishal.n.sharma15
Newly Registered

Post by vishal.n.sharma15 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:31 pm

well i was told today. but it was delivered today as well.
the letter was sent by a regular 2nd class mail and was stamp dated 15th January.

in case its returned as invalid, will i have to re-apply and pay the application fee again??? would you be knowing how much is it???

thanks a lot for your advice...i guess as of now i can only wait till monday morning...

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:27 pm

write a nice covering letter... and send new photographs via specal delivery.

They won't refuse it straight away cuz they will wait to receive your letter in 'reasonable' time from 15th jan.

regards

ps. if there was weather related issues (between 15th and 25) as noted by royal mail, then do cite it in your covering letter too.