ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent Help HSBC-UK Statement for Maintenance Fund

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

susheel

Urgent Help HSBC-UK Statement for Maintenance Fund

Post by susheel » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:54 pm

Hi,

I need urgent help regarding the HSBC (U.K.) 3 month statement. I am applying for Tier1 from tier2 in 1st week of Feb11 in UK. I am showing the 3 month from 25th Oct 2010 to 26 Jan 2011 for maintenance fund 800 GBP.
HSBC Bank has given statement from 18th to 17th every month. I have hard copy of orignal statement from 18th Sep 2010 to 17 Jan 2011 each month.
From 18th Jan 2011 to 26Jan2011 ( current month) bank is refusing to give normal statement. They said they will give the normal statement after 17th Feb. I have only one transaction salary credited on 24thJan2011 only.
As per my request they will give only one letter (Temporary Statement) in which one transaction & have closing balance on 26 Jan2011. They will send by post.

Please guide me will that work or not ? what should I do?

Thanks

Susheel

gordon

Post by gordon » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:13 pm

When I prepared my extension application, I asked HSBC for a statement to date halfway through the normal statement period. They sent by post a statement like all the others that covered the half-month - no hassles, no questions.

You should wait to see what this temporary (or interim) statement is. In principle, it should only list that one transaction over the partial statement period, since you've said that was the only transaction in that period ! I suspect that they will send you the continuation of your statement series (check the 'sheet numbers'), and not what you've called a letter.

r_arun53
Newly Registered

Post by r_arun53 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:03 am

I had requested HSBC few times to get the interim Statement in the past.
The statement you will receive will be from the date of the previous statement to the date of request. in your case you will receive the stament from 18th Jan (date of previouse statment) to 26th Jan (Date of request).
Also note that you will receive your next regular monthly statement from 27th Jan to 17th Feb opposed to 18th Jan to 17th Feb. this is because as mentioned by gordon this will be continuation of your statement from last statement (interim or regular) and the sheet numbers will also be the continuation from the last statement (interim or regular).

General advice would be to withdraw some money on the day before you make any interim statement request.

goldfish
Member of Standing

Post by goldfish » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:11 am

I requested a statement from HSBC UK midway betwen regular statements (actually a week before the usual one) and they provided it without any issues. It might help to mention it is for a visa application. It might be worth calling back the call centre again and asking a different person the same question - sometimes it will get a different result :)

Natita

Post by Natita » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:14 am

goldfish wrote:I requested a statement from HSBC UK midway betwen regular statements (actually a week before the usual one) and they provided it without any issues. It might help to mention it is for a visa application. It might be worth calling back the call centre again and asking a different person the same question - sometimes it will get a different result :)
I agree with Goldfish for making another phone call just to make sure that they did what you actually requested. When I was in the process of preparing my docs in Nov last year, the same statement (but not the one I wanted) was sent for 3 times (not joking!), it drove me mad and I had to pop into the branch to make the request in person. I learnt that it's best to request by specifying the sheet No.

sohrabkhan
Newly Registered

Post by sohrabkhan » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:08 pm

@susheel

If you go to any HSBC branch u'll find machines that can print u your recent transaction on an A4 paper with HSBC logo, these machines are in almost every branch. I normally use them in Chadwell health, barking, ilford & east ham branch. The paper is also a premium quality glossy paper. Just print that out and stamp it at the counter. I've done that before when I applied for PSW visa. As the maintenance requirement of both are the same so u should be alright.

susheel

Re: Urgent Help HSBC-UK Statement for Maintenance Fund

Post by susheel » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:20 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your valuables comments. Today I have got the Last 3.5 Months HSBC Bank statement by Post. On 27thJan11 I have gone to bank again for balance period bank statements from (18thJan to 26Jan).
As I have the original statement from 18thOct10 to 17Th Jan11. I have requested the whole last 3 month + 10 days statement (duplicate). They have charge it 1Pound each month & post it my residence address.

I have also tried by A4 Printout/Thermal paper option from HSBC ATM machine here at local branch. But that also didn’t print from 17th to 26 Jan because from 17thJan to 24 Jan has no transaction. So only printout from 25th to 26th only one day. I have requested to the bank manager they have given me color printout on simple A4 white paper without stamp & sign that’s No use.

If anybody will face the same problem then request for duplicate statement & rest period statement. They will send the official statement by post in 4-5 days.

Thanks

Susheel

[quote="susheel"]Hi,

I need urgent help regarding the HSBC (U.K.) 3 month statement. I am applying for Tier1 from tier2 in 1st week of Feb11 in UK. I am showing the 3 month from 25th Oct 2010 to 26 Jan 2011 for maintenance fund 800 GBP.
HSBC Bank has given statement from 18th to 17th every month. I have hard copy of orignal statement from 18th Sep 2010 to 17 Jan 2011 each month.
From 18th Jan 2011 to 26Jan2011 ( current month) bank is refusing to give normal statement. They said they will give the normal statement after 17th Feb. I have only one transaction salary credited on 24thJan2011 only.
As per my request they will give only one letter (Temporary Statement) in which one transaction & have closing balance on 26 Jan2011. They will send by post.

Please guide me will that work or not ? what should I do?

Thanks

Susheel[/quote]

susheel

Duplicate HSBC bank statement have got by Post from Bank

Post by susheel » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:23 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your valuables comments. Today I have got the Last 3.5 Months HSBC Bank statement by Post. On 27thJan11 I have gone to bank again for balance period bank statements from (18thJan to 26Jan).
As I have the original statement from 18thOct10 to 17Th Jan11. I have requested the whole last 3 month + 10 days statement (duplicate). They have charge it 1Pound each month & post it my residence address.

I have also tried by A4 Printout/Thermal paper option from HSBC ATM machine here at local branch. But that also didn’t print from 17th to 26 Jan because from 17thJan to 24 Jan has no transaction. So only printout from 25th to 26th only one day. I have requested to the bank manager they have given me color printout on simple A4 white paper without stamp & sign that’s No use.

If anybody will face the same problem then request for duplicate statement & rest period statement. They will send the official statement by post in 4-5 days.

Thanks

Susheel

[quote="r_arun53"]I had requested HSBC few times to get the interim Statement in the past.
The statement you will receive will be from the date of the previous statement to the date of request. in your case you will receive the stament from 18th Jan (date of previouse statment) to 26th Jan (Date of request).
Also note that you will receive your next regular monthly statement from 27th Jan to 17th Feb opposed to 18th Jan to 17th Feb. this is because as mentioned by gordon this will be continuation of your statement from last statement (interim or regular) and the sheet numbers will also be the continuation from the last statement (interim or regular).

General advice would be to withdraw some money on the day before you make any interim statement request.[/quote]