ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA1 and residence card questions urgent!!!!

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

deon
Newly Registered

EEA1 and residence card questions urgent!!!!

Post by deon » Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:25 pm

Good day everyone!!! Im currently on a 6 month EEA Family Permit. Im from South Africa and my wife from Lithuania. She applied for EEA1 certificate in Nov and i applied for EEA2 visa/residence card. I got my application back and they said my wife hasnt completed 12 months uninterrupted employment. Should we wait 4 her paperwork to come back which weve been waiting 4 since nov!!! And can i stay here even though my visa expires in Feb???

Thanx for ur time!!!!! :D

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:41 pm

A national from an A8 country who is a worker needs to register with the WRS. Their family members can apply for an FMRS in the first twelve months and for a residence card after 12 months uninterrupted employment. You will have to wait for all the papers in any case as you would need them for a fresh application.

You are lawfully in the country as long as your spouse exercises her treaty rights. Your options are to apply for the FMRS as soon as you have your papers back or for an RC as soon as the 12 months are completed or any time after May 1 when the WRS scheme becomes obsolete.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/eucit ... ropeanlaw/

deon
Newly Registered

Post by deon » Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:59 pm

86ti wrote:A national from an A8 country who is a worker needs to register with the WRS. Their family members can apply for an FMRS in the first twelve months and for a residence card after 12 months uninterrupted employment. You will have to wait for all the papers in any case as you would need them for a fresh application.

You are lawfully in the country as long as your spouse exercises her treaty rights. Your options are to apply for the FMRS as soon as you have your papers back or for an RC as soon as the 12 months are completed or any time after May 1 when the WRS scheme becomes obsolete.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/eucit ... ropeanlaw/
Thanks for your quick response!! My wife has completed 12 months uninterrupted employment. But when i came back to the Uk on my 6 month visa the iimigration officer told me i need to apply for a fmrs visa and when we called the home office the woman said EEA1. Whats the difference?? They didnt say on the home office letter that i applied for the wrong visa. Im confused!!! :?

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:04 pm

May I suggest to spend a few minutes and read through the information in the link?