ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

joint bank statement.

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

FARAHwaqas
Newly Registered

joint bank statement.

Post by FARAHwaqas » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:09 pm

can a joint account bank statement with the names of applicant and account-partner, for 3 months maintenance funds be used where the applicant has joined this account with the partner in less than 3 months?

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:38 pm

you MUST be joint-bank account holder for the three months you are using to meet maintenance .

atleast thats what i think.

But, for example, if you were joint a/c holder for two months and you had funds in your personal a/c for 1 month. then you can use both a/c to meet maintenance requiurements

hope it helps

regards

FARAHwaqas
Newly Registered

Post by FARAHwaqas » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:18 pm

i hv got a 3months one, dt showing mine n account's partner both name on it!! im confused whether to use it or not....if they investigate,it wd b disclosed that im on this account for only 2 months. help me plz...wt shd i do?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:39 pm

Do you have access to the funds or have you just had your name temprarily added to someone elses account? Who is the other account holder?

FARAHwaqas
Newly Registered

Post by FARAHwaqas » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:49 pm

obviously i have access to funds and she is friend of mine who is willing to provide me financial assistance and we would be the partners in a shortly starting business as well.

tearOne
Newly Registered

joint account using for maintenance fund

Post by tearOne » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:27 am

arsenal49 wrote:you MUST be joint-bank account holder for the three months you are using to meet maintenance .

But, for example, if you were joint a/c holder for two months and you had funds in your personal a/c for 1 month. then you can use both a/c to meet maintenance requiurements

hope it helps

regards

hi dear Friend,

you said above that both personal and join account can be used. I have few questions for you.

1. Can we use multiple joint accounts?
2. Joint Accounts are from Dad and my friend
3. Out of 90 days my personal account will show from day 40. Before that money is up and down fromm £800. In this case can I use joint accounts WITHOUT MY NAME on the statement

4. Is my name essential for the bank statement for day 1 to 40?

regards,

Azam

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: joint account using for maintenance fund

Post by Greenie » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:23 am

tearOne wrote:
arsenal49 wrote:you MUST be joint-bank account holder for the three months you are using to meet maintenance .

hope it helps

regards

hi dear Friend,

you said above that both personal and join account can be used. I have few questions for you.

1. Can we use multiple joint accounts?
2. Joint Accounts are from Dad and my friend
3. Out of 90 days my personal account will show from day 40. Before that money is up and down fromm £800. In this case can I use joint accounts WITHOUT MY NAME on the statement

4. Is my name essential for the bank statement for day 1 to 40?

regards,

Azam
the joint account needs to have been in your name for the 90 days. If it is obvious from the statement that you were only added as an account holder after 40 days, they may refuse your application.