ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

LTR and Re-entry visa

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vopchic
Newly Registered

LTR and Re-entry visa

Post by vopchic » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:23 pm

Hi,

I have received a letter saying that my LTR application has been approved and I should go to the GNIB office to receive my GNIB card valid for 5 years.

If the GNIB card is for 5 years, does it mean that I am also eligible for a 5 year multi-entry visa to Ireland as well? Would they give it to me?

What is your experience? I would really appreciate the information!

Also, my re-entry visa expires in half a year, does it mean that I have to wait until its expiry?

Thanks a lot for your help!

aswadref

Post by aswadref » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:58 am

yes you are eligible for five years multi-entry stamp and they will give it to you till validity of your green card.no you dont have to wait till your re-entry visa is expired they will cancel the old visa and issue you a new one,hope this helps

DingDong

Post by DingDong » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:26 pm

Hi vopchic,

Congratulations firstly got getting the LTR,would you mind if you can tell your Timeline ? I am also waiting for my LTR as well,I applied last year in November 2010.

dublintogalway

LTR waiting

Post by dublintogalway » Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:55 pm

hi,
i had applied for ltr in april 2010.. no word back yet..
still waiting..:)

SSH
Newly Registered

LTR

Post by SSH » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:29 am

Hi Vopchic,

How long did it take for them to issue you the formal letter of LTR after you paid the 500 euro fees ?

Thanks