ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

T1 ext. resubmitting doco already submitted in initial app

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mtuckersa
Member of Standing

T1 ext. resubmitting doco already submitted in initial app

Post by mtuckersa » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:02 am

I have done some searching and looking for the guidance where it says you don't need to resubmit documentation already submitted in initial Tier 1 application. Such as degrees and letter from university detailing the language medium of instruction.

I am pretty sure I have seen it before somewhere and I know people have submitted their applications without resending their degrees. I just can't find the actual reference on UKBA.

I would prefer not to send my degrees to UKBA if I don't have to.

gordon

Post by gordon » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:59 am

In the Tier 1 General guidance, the provision re degree documents is covered in point 89 (page 16).

89. An applicant who has previously been given permission to stay in the United Kingdom under Tier 1 (General) or the Highly Skilled Migrant Programme, and previously scored points for the same qualification for which he/she wishes to claim points in his/ her current application, does not need to send evidence of his/her qualification again.

And as for the English requirement, that's covered in point 175 (p30):

175. An applicant meets the English language requirement, without the need to provide evidence, if he/she was last given permission to stay in the United Kingdom:
• under Tier 1 (Entrepreneur), the Business Persons route or Tier 1 (General) and are applying for an extension of leave to remain; or
•as a Highly Skilled Migrant Programme participant under the Immigration Rules which came into force on 5 December 2006 and they are applying for an extension of leave to remain under a Tier 1 category.

silverline

Post by silverline » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:33 pm

Also, you don't have to provide marriage certificate of spouse or birth certificate of baby on extention as dependant.

etrade

Post by etrade » Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:23 pm

reconfirm about ielts cause that is issued just for 2 years time period.