ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Dependant Visa (Nepal)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nit_aro
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Dependant Visa (Nepal)

Post by nit_aro » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:18 pm

Hi,

I am from India working in UK since March 2009 on Tier1 General Migrant visa. I am getting married in Mumbai in Feb 2011 and want to apply dependant visa for my wife who is a Nepal Citizen. She was pursuing her masters in Sweden.

Does she need to apply dependant visa from Nepal or can apply from Mumbai?

After our wedding I will have to come back to UK in 15 days to resume my work. I am sure I do not need to be present while applying but do I need to mention this in my covering letter that I will be back in UK?

As I will be coming back, will it increase the chance of rejection?

Thanks in Advance for your reply.
Nitesh

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 1 Dependant Visa (Nepal)

Post by geriatrix » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:09 am

nit_aro wrote:Does she need to apply dependant visa from Nepal or can apply from Mumbai?
Do Nepalese citizens require a visa to be resident in India (after marriage or otherwise)? If yes, then she may apply from Mumbai only if she has such a visa (excluding visitor visa) in her Nepalese passport.
nit_aro wrote:After our wedding I will have to come back to UK in 15 days to resume my work. I am sure I do not need to be present while applying but do I need to mention this in my covering letter that I will be back in UK?
No and No.
nit_aro wrote:As I will be coming back, will it increase the chance of rejection?
No.

regards

nit_aro
Newly Registered

Post by nit_aro » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:05 am

Hi Sush,

Thanks for an instant reply.

1) Do I also need to submit any phone bill summary or skype call summary as my fiance(applicant) was in Sweden pursuing her masters?

2) Since I am in UK for more than 12 months, I preassume that I would need to show £533 for dependant and £800 for me for 3 months in my account. Please confirm.

3) Does bank statement needs to be attested by bank?

4) Do I also need to get a letter from bank that states I have maintained the stipulated amount for 3 months?

Thanks,
Nitesh