ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Relationship with other person on the joint account

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

AustinCann
Newly Registered

Relationship with other person on the joint account

Post by AustinCann » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:14 am

I have a joint account with my dad which I will be using to claim maintenance points. Do I need to also mention that the other account holder is my dad. If so then where?
Many thanks

ersourabhbhola

Post by ersourabhbhola » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:59 am

you will need to have a letter written by your dad, that he don't have any objection at any time if you use all funds of account,
and it should be authorises by authorised person/authority
Sourabh Bhola

soniapsw
Newly Registered

Post by soniapsw » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:53 pm

Hi Sourabh Bhola,

Where is this clause written that the joint account holder must submit a letter?

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:37 pm

bull...

as long as you have full access to the bank account i.e cash, which usually is the case, then you dont need to be relative! to the other guy/girl

cheers

ersourabhbhola

Post by ersourabhbhola » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:27 am

@soniapsw

When i applied for my student visa 1 and half years ago my agent said to me if i am showing a joint account, i have to send letter signed by joint account holder that i can use all funds any time. moreover it should be attested by notary public.

i am not able to find this in any clause, but never give home office any reason to refuse........
Sourabh Bhola

jlewisunh

Post by jlewisunh » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:54 pm

this is not a requirement. if your name is on the account along with your dad or mom or whomever, then you are fine. if your name is NOT on the account, then they i don't think they will accept it, even with a letter (letter could be a forgery quite easily).

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:03 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.