ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appeal Withdrawn

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mailmefren
Newly Registered

Appeal Withdrawn

Post by mailmefren » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:00 am

I have appealed for visa for my wife as dependent of mine. 27 th of Jan was my hearing date and I came to know that the Home office has withdrawn the case. I got a letter from tribunal as well. Now my question is that what is procedure to get visa.Do i have to apply visa from UK or my wife have to apply visa from my home country? Please help me out.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:31 am

Where was the initial application submitted? If in the UK, UKBA will contact the applicant to submit passport for issuance of leave. If outside UK, then local BHC will contact the applicant.

Please note that this contact will not happen immediately. Can take a few weeks / a month or two.

regards

mailmefren
Newly Registered

Post by mailmefren » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:35 am

Application was submitted from UK. Now I am living in UK but my wife is living in my home country. And I have my wife passport. Now i have to wait until BHC notice ya?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:20 pm

if the application is for your wife and it was submitted in the UK, how is your wife in your home country?

mailmefren
Newly Registered

Post by mailmefren » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:35 am

Actually my wife is an applicant and I am her representative. I have submitted the appeal application behalf of her. Now i have her passport and do i have to wait until UKBA or HCB send me a letter to apply visa or what? Please help me out?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:29 pm

The visa will be issued at the location where the application was submitted. You'll need to make sure that the passport (and the applicant) is available at that location / in that country.

regards

mailmefren
Newly Registered

Post by mailmefren » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:06 pm

They will contact me or I have to apply for visa? I have my wife passport wid me. Please help me.

kkj
BANNED

Post by kkj » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:40 pm

I think your wife applied for dependent visa from her home country which was refused by local British High Commission then you appeal from UK on behalf of your wife. If this is the case then:

Just send the passport and decision of tribunal with all related documents to your wife. Your wife will be contacted by British visa authorities in your country and she needs to present those documents to them to get visa.

You cannot apply for visa from UK as you don't have your wife with you. You only have her passport and other documents.

So you need to get your wife and her passport togather for visa application and she cannot come to UK without passport but you can send passport to her by good courier service. Just send the passport and decision of tribunal with all related documents to your wife.
My advice is for guidance only, if you want the law then consult a lawyer!**********************************************************

mailmefren
Newly Registered

Post by mailmefren » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:03 pm

Hi kkj!
First of all thank you for your valuable advise.I am letting you know that I didnot received any letter yet. Its almost a month after hearing date. But i didnot get any letter or document from tribunal or home office.What next step have to do please help me out?
Thank you.

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:35 pm

mailmefren wrote:Application was submitted from UK. Now I am living in UK but my wife is living in my home country. And I have my wife passport. Now i have to wait until BHC notice ya?

1. If you appealed in UK and your wife is in your home country then i do not understand that why u have her passport.

2. R u saying that u wife sent her passport to you in the UK from u home country.

3. I am sure that u r aware that it is illegal to have the possession of somebodys passport who is not in UK even she is u wife.

4. U r her representative which is fine but having her passport in the UK is not fine.

5. I am very surprised that nobody so far has pointed that out.

6. As far as your question is concerned, you will need to get in touch with the visa section responsible for your country. They will contact her and she will have to visit the visa office with her passport and the letter from that visa section.

mailmefren
Newly Registered

Post by mailmefren » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:18 am

Hi Ash786
First of all thank you for fast reply.
Actually what happened is when I appealed from UK my wife send all document with that passport. The passport problem is solved when I came to know that keeping other passport is illegal then I send it back to her. Now She got her passport.
I got only withdrawn notice letter from tribunal. I didnot get any letter from tribunal or any other section. Somebody told me home office will sent me a decision letter n sent it to my wife n she will apply for visa with that letter. Is it true?
Do I have to contact visa section in UK or My wife has to contact in my home country. And my wife has not been contacted by any one?

mailmefren
Newly Registered

Post by mailmefren » Fri May 13, 2011 1:50 am

My wife is not contact by UKBA till date. What to do? Its almost 4 months gone after I have got a notice of withdrawn letter. What to do?