ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Questions regarding MN1 Form, Gps as referees etc

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mistermaker
Newly Registered

Questions regarding MN1 Form, Gps as referees etc

Post by mistermaker » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:50 am

hie all

I was wondering if anyone can help, We are due to apply for naturalisation at the end of this month ILR granted january 2010 . I have a lot of questions ( and was really hoping there was a service similar to the ILR face to face appointments) regarding the following:

1) Forms AN for me and my husband and MN1 for the kids as they were born in the uk before ILR. I am not very clear about section 2 of the MN1 form :
2.1 If the child is resident in the UK........give the date and place of first arrival
i am not sure which dates to put in as both kids were born in the UK and aged 9yrs and 2yrs old.

2)Having used my maiden name since coming to the UK (as that was the name in my passport ) i now want to change to my married name so that my british passport will be in that name. Do i send in my marriage certificate with this AN application explaining or do i wait until i make my passport application?

3) Our GP had agreed to be a referee , at a fee ofcourse, but i have just seen a post saying doctors have been removed/removed themselves from the UKBA list is that fairly recent? or do some doctors dont mind provided you are paying.

I know its a lot , any advice would be greatly appreciated.
thanx
Last edited by mistermaker on Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:53 pm

Form AN for you and your spouse, and form MN1 for the kids.

regards

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Questions regarding MN1 Form, Gps as referees etc

Post by Greenie » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:14 pm

As you have sent me a private message asking me to respond to your questions I am now doing so. I think the reason why no one has responded is because you edited your original post rather than posting further questions on the same thread.

mistermaker wrote:
I have a lot of questions ( and was really hoping there was a service similar to the ILR face to face appointments) regarding the following:

1) . I am not very clear about section 2 of the MN1 form :
2.1 If the child is resident in the UK........give the date and place of first arrival
i am not sure which dates to put in as both kids were born in the UK and aged 9yrs and 2yrs old.

2)Having used my maiden name since coming to the UK (as that was the name in my passport ) i now want to change to my married name so that my british passport will be in that name. Do i send in my marriage certificate with this AN application explaining or do i wait until i make my passport application?

3) Our GP had agreed to be a referee , at a fee ofcourse, but i have just seen a post saying doctors have been removed/removed themselves from the UKBA list is that fairly recent? or do some doctors dont mind provided you are paying.

- There is a nationality checking service (is this what you mean when you say the ILR face to face service?).

Please see below http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... ngservice/

In answer to your numbered questions

1) Just put the date of birth - next to it you put where born anyway and you will be sending the birth certs so it is obvious.

2) Probably best to put your married name now to make it easier for your passport. Send your marriage certificate and also put a note on page 13 of the form as it advises you to do in the AN guidance (para 1.7).

You are able to change your names with other organisations (e.g. bank account, bills etc, you just need to show them your marraige cert also)

3) Yes GPs no longer on the list apparently as GMC asked for them to be taken off. Don't know what to advise on this. My understanding is that some people have used GPs since they revised the list with no problems, perhaps call the nationality helpline to ask or get an alternative referee if possible. Unless anyone has any more up to date knowledge on this??

mistermaker
Newly Registered

Post by mistermaker » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:22 pm

Thanx Greenie for taking the time to answer. I did mean the Nationality Checking Service, that is very helpful . cheers