ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confusion! Croydon Home Office Appointment - Eligibility

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

paulastuart
Newly Registered

Confusion! Croydon Home Office Appointment - Eligibility

Post by paulastuart » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:22 pm

Hi everyone - I'm having a minor panic attack, I have made an appointment to see the Home Office in Croydon for a personal application in 3 weeks time. I first received my Highly Skilled Migrants Visa on March 3 2006, and I am now applying for my Indefinite Leave to Remain.

I have 2 questions:

Having already booked my appointment, I noticed that it says you cannot do a one on one appointment if you are 'applying for an extension of your visa on the highly skilled migrant programme' - in my mind I am applying the ILR
covered by the High Court Judgement on HSMP Forum Judicial Review application for ILR. Is this correct? or am I confusing one for the other??

Also, if that is correct that I am covered by the HSMP Judicial Review, then I am not required to do the Life in the UK test?? Is this correct also?

I would really appreciate some help!!!

Thanks!!!!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:34 pm

You may apply in-person for settlement.
You are exempt from KOL for purpose of settlement.

regards

paulastuart
Newly Registered

Post by paulastuart » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:15 pm

thank you so so much!

appreciated.

Paula