ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Couple of queries - filling in ILR SET(O) form

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

wpleo

Couple of queries - filling in ILR SET(O) form

Post by wpleo » Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:28 pm

Hello there

Just been filling in form SET(O) as applying for ILR shortly and have a couple of questions.

My stay consists of 1year WP, then HSMP (approval letter Oct06 / application between April-Nov 06) so covered by JR (still requires 5 yrs but not LIUK test), then after 2 yrs extended HSMP to tier1 (3 yrs) but have completed 5 yrs by now.

So when it comes to the application form I have the following questions:

1. Section 3: Which category? I believe HSMP under JR is the option to go for as no specific option for April-Nov06 case.

2. Section 6: Q 6.1 date first entered UK? I was in fact already in the UK prior to the start of my counted 5 yrs period, so should I go for the date of the start of the specified 5 yrs period even if its not actually a UK entry date?

3. Section 6: Q 6.3 When did you last enter the UK? I am assuming this refers to entry after last absence/holiday etc rather than an entry into actual visa category or FLR.

Sorry if some of the questions sound daft, but really wanted to clarify any confusion and would be grateful for your help.

Cheers

xyz123

Re: Couple of queries - filling in ILR SET(O) form

Post by xyz123 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:37 pm

wpleo wrote:Hello there

Just been filling in form SET(O) as applying for ILR shortly and have a couple of questions.

My stay consists of 1year WP, then HSMP (approval letter Oct06 / application between April-Nov 06) so covered by JR (still requires 5 yrs but not LIUK test), then after 2 yrs extended HSMP to tier1 (3 yrs) but have completed 5 yrs by now.

1. Section 3: Which category? I believe HSMP under JR is the option to go for as no specific option for April-Nov06 case.

2. Section 6: Q 6.1 date first entered UK? I was in fact already in the UK prior to the start of my counted 5 yrs period, so should I go for the date of the start of the specified 5 yrs period even if its not actually a UK entry date?

3. Section 6: Q 6.3 When did you last enter the UK? I am assuming this refers to entry after last absence/holiday etc rather than an entry into actual visa category or FLR.

Sorry if some of the questions sound daft, but really wanted to clarify any confusion and would be grateful for your help.

Cheers
Not sure about 1 but 2 and 3 as below:

2- Date of your first visa at start of 5 year period under which you quality for WP. So date on which your first WP (pre HSMP) was stamped in passport

3- yes date of last entry into UK from abroad either coming back from holiday or business.

wpleo

Post by wpleo » Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:34 pm

Thanks xyz123 for your reply and help.

Anyone though can shed a light on the first question?

nksg

Re: Couple of queries - filling in ILR SET(O) form

Post by nksg » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:54 pm

for 1.. i had the same issu with the UKBA. Make sure you mention that you are appliying on the JR basis (that does not require LUK) and carry a copy of judgement with you pre NOv 06.. Some case workers are not fully aware and if u have proof, they are forced to check with their supervisor. I was in the same situation at the time of my appointment but had the copy.

2. It should be the first date of your eligibility period.

3. Last date of entry...
wpleo wrote:Hello there

Cheers

wpleo

Post by wpleo » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:27 pm

Thanks nksg

I think the HSMP JR is the right option to tick on the form in this case. I also was already planning to take a copy of the JR regarding LIUK exemption just in case.

Will hope for the best and thanks again for your help.