ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child Born Outside UK to British Father

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

INH
Newly Registered

Child Born Outside UK to British Father

Post by INH » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:06 pm

Hi, im a British Citizen through naturalization. I am expecting my first child in December, birth will be taking place in Karachi, Pakistan.

Will the child be entitle to Bristish Passport at Birth?
What is the process of applying for BP and what are the fees and forms I have to fill in?

Thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:21 pm

Yes, the child will be British under section 2(1)(a). You may apply for a British passport for the the child.

regards

INH
Newly Registered

Post by INH » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:24 pm

Thanks for replying, timescale quoted for new passports on Consular website is 7-8 months, is that correct? thats far too long, am i expected leave my child in Pakistan for that long?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:40 pm

Must be, if that's the time-scale published on the FCO's (Pakistan) website.

Alternatively, you may apply for Pakistani passport for the child (if he qualifies for Pakistani citizenship), apply for visa (settlement - child) so that the child can travel to UK and then apply for a British passport for the child in the UK.

regards

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:53 pm

In the absence of a British passport, it would be appropriate for a British citizen to apply for a Certificate of Entitlement to the Right of Abode, to be placed in a Pakistan Passport.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

INH
Newly Registered

Post by INH » Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:48 pm

Thanks Vinny, thats seems to be a better option

INH
Newly Registered

Right of Abode Paperwork

Post by INH » Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:27 am

Hi, Im about to submit application for my son for his Right of Abode Certificate as a British Citizen. Supporting documents listed on Gerrys/Home website doesnt seem like enough, so if some can confirm or give adv regarding the correct documents list please, documents which are listed at the moment are:

Application Form VAF7
Birth Certificate Showing Parents Details
Parents Marriage certificate
Parent Naturalisation Certificate

No mention of my passport copy or my wifes, will i be ok if i was to submit just these documents? what is the timescale for processing? Thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:29 pm

INH
Newly Registered

Clarification

Post by INH » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:03 pm

Hi, this question is for sushdmehta, i spoke to Gerrys in Pakistan, they are saying i cannot apply for Right of Abode Cert for my child as im not British Citizen by Birth, i can only apply for settlement/visit visa. can you please confirm if they are correct in saying this, Thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:06 pm

That's incorrect. It's sufficient that a parent is British otherwise than by descent for child to be British.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

INH
Newly Registered

Post by INH » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:17 am

Anyone in similar situation can use below email add to chase their app:
IslamabadSettlementEnquiries@fco.gov.uk

Thanks