ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

The stamp on the Visa

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Hanae
Newly Registered

The stamp on the Visa

Post by Hanae » Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:31 am

I got Work Permit in August 2006, it will complete 5 years this summer and I am going to apply ILR. I realised that I didn't get a stamp when I entered into UK with my Entry Clearance on 11 Aug, "the date of valid from",but there was a problem that because I came from Tokyo(Japan) to Dublin, and I flew from Dublin to London. There was no immigration check. Later my friend told me if I didn't get a stamp on my Visa, this is not valid. So it was already in November, I went to Norway and got a stamp on 11 Nov 2006.

In this case, do I need to prove that I was already in the UK on 11 August but without a stamp. And can I apply ILR 28days before 11Aug? or do I need to extend 3 months WP(if I can?) then do it 28days before 7Nov?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:43 am

Did you keep receipts of the travel tickets, boarding cards (Dublin to London), etc.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: The stamp on the Visa

Post by geriatrix » Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:50 am

Hanae wrote:In this case, do I need to prove that I was already in the UK on 11 August but without a stamp.
Yes.

When you become eligible for settlement depends on the evidence you can provide to prove entry in the UK. Whether or not an extension may be required depends on the expiry date of your current leave.

If you can provide evidence of entry in Aug-06, then you may apply for settlement without the need for extension. However, if you can only prove entry in to UK in Nov-06, then you may need to apply for extension (see also 5.2).

regards

Hanae
Newly Registered

Thank you

Post by Hanae » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:09 pm

Thank you for answering my question.

I don't have recript either flight ticket to prove my entry to the UK. I think I need to extend my current visa until Nov....

Hanae
Newly Registered

Then I have another question

Post by Hanae » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:56 pm

I don't think that I have anything to prove entering to the UK on 11Aug 2006 unfortunatly. I didn't keep the recipt or ticket.

Then I would like to know how to extend my current visa. Do I need to go back to Japan to get another Entry clearance? or how can I extend my WP? The contract with my work won't finish because they believe that I can get ILR. Do they have to apply WP extention for me?

But I think that my work can write a letter that I have been in the UK since 11Aug. Is the letter from work not enough to prove?

Sorry for the long question,

ajmal

Re: Then I have another question

Post by ajmal » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:07 pm

Hanae wrote:I don't think that I have anything to prove entering to the UK on 11Aug 2006 unfortunatly. I didn't keep the recipt or ticket.

Then I would like to know how to extend my current visa. Do I need to go back to Japan to get another Entry clearance? or how can I extend my WP? The contract with my work won't finish because they believe that I can get ILR. Do they have to apply WP extention for me?

But I think that my work can write a letter that I have been in the UK since 11Aug. Is the letter from work not enough to prove?

Sorry for the long question,

Pay slips or Bank statement