ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appeal Allowed Visa Stamped Timings - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nasjam

Post by nasjam » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:25 pm

[quote="unique012"]I think it depends on where you submit your passport as some areas work faster than others due to the population, my husband went yesterday to make an apppointment to submit his passport and that man said he should recieve his passport within 15 days however sometimes it can be early or sometimes later.[/quote

Unique..... when we submit passport that guy also told us that it should take 3 to 4 weeks but now its more than that... you should not trust a guy behind the table...

People who got call in letter and says "decision orverturned visa should be issued" in this case I would say yes it does take 2 to 3 weeks... but if it says "reviewed" then it will take longer then 4 weeks

nasjam

Post by nasjam » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:25 pm

sajidmahmood wrote:
nasjam wrote:You are right Sajid,,,, there must be difference...
nasjam have you emailed them yet? no response yet i guess!
Yes sajid no reply :(

unique012

Post by unique012 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:49 pm

nasjam

I know bro u are right u shudn't trust anyone but on other forums people have recieved the same letter and have had their passport returned within a week, so i still think it is down to luck and where u submit ur passport. InshAllah I pray we get them back quickly.

unique012

Post by unique012 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:40 am

Salaam everyone,

My husband handed his passport in today and they said it takes a minimum of 6 weeks, what's all that about? People have got it in one week so i dont see where 6 weeks has come from, did they say the same thing to anyone else when submitting their passports?

Mesam6

Post by Mesam6 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:38 am

Hi,

That is the standard timeline they give everyone. The 6 week duration is essentially the maximum time it will take for the passport to be returned. Normally it tends to be a bit less especially with Tier-1 Cap coming into action so keep your hopes up :)

Regards,
Mesam.

Mesam6

Post by Mesam6 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:11 pm

No problem.

My passport got stamped in about 3 weeks or so. i got it a bit late due to communications issues. Those guys were calling me everyday for about a week and i was off to my village with my phone left at home. When I came back and was able to receive their call, I went straight to Gerry's the next day to get the passport.

Regards,
Mesam.

unique012

Post by unique012 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:28 pm

Mesam6 where did u submit ur passport?

sajidmahmood

Post by sajidmahmood » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:36 pm

unique012 wrote:Mesam6 where did u submit ur passport?
I think no matter where you submitt your passport, they all go to Islamabad for processing.

shahzad80
Member of Standing

Post by shahzad80 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:34 pm

sajidmahmood wrote:
unique012 wrote:Mesam6 where did u submit ur passport?
I think no matter where you submitt your passport, they all go to Islamabad for processing.
This is not true.

My friend recently applied at VAC Lahore for long term visit visa and the staff members returned all orgional documents saying they are not needed and he completed one set of documents to be sent to Abu Dhabi.

He told him that now process has changed. Orgional are not required for visa applications sent to Abu Dhabi except visa application form and passport.

Shahzad

K44MYY

Post by K44MYY » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:23 am

Hi

I received a letter at the Solicitors today stating the respondent whom is the ECO has withdrawn the original decision with a tick in the box next to it.

The tribunal are satisfied that this appeal has been withdrawn

So I guess they will send a call letter??

Any comments appreciated.

Thanks
K44MYY
What ever Allah wills shall be for none has power but Allah
-------------------------------------------------------

shahzad80
Member of Standing

Post by shahzad80 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:30 am

K44MYY wrote:Hi

I received a letter at the Solicitors today stating the respondent whom is the ECO has withdrawn the original decision with a tick in the box next to it.

Thanks
Congratulation bro.

Yes wait for call letter or ask yours solicitors to chase for call letter.

If you can pm me yours solicitors address and fee for appeal.

I am looking for solicitors for my pending appeal.

Regard

Shahzad

Mesam6

Post by Mesam6 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:23 am

Hi,

I submitted mine in Islamabad.

Regards,
Mesam.

Mesam6

Post by Mesam6 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:32 am

Thanks
Congrats on the decision :)

Normally, the AIT's decision is mailed to you/your soliciter and it mentions the timeline during which you should receive a call letter to submit your passport. I am a bit fuzzy on the exac timeline but I remember it being somthing like 8 weeks max. I got the letter in about 6 weeks after the decision.

Regards,
Mesam.

shahzad80
Member of Standing

Post by shahzad80 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:24 am

Normally, the AIT's decision is mailed to you/your soliciter and it mentions the timeline during which you should receive a call letter to submit your passport. I am a bit fuzzy on the exac timeline but I remember it being somthing like 8 weeks max. I got the letter in about 6 weeks after the decision.

Regards,
Mesam.
People get from 6 to 8 weeks.

Shahzad
Last edited by shahzad80 on Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

K44MYY

Post by K44MYY » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:27 am

Mesam6 wrote:

Thanks

Regards,
Mesam.
Thanks shahzad80 and Mesam
The case didnt even go to court masha Allah, within like 6-7 weeks they withdrew original decision, had Xmas and new years so guess took longer.

Just need to wait I guess little bit more for call letter, Insha Allah that should come through soon. They have processed many within few weeks.

If TB has just finished I guess new one would need to be obtained?

Does anyone know whom actually sends call letter out UK, or Abhu Dhabi?
K44MYY

Mesam6

Post by Mesam6 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:04 am

This just goes on to prove how inept the ECOs are in the first place. They don't put in the effort on reviewing cases which is why such a large number of original decisions get over turned on administrative review or appeal resulting in a waste of time and money for the poor soul who got the refusal.

I think it is BHC Islamabad that sends out the call letter and yes you have to get your TB certificate renewed. If the expiry date pases a couple of days before the day you enter the Uk, they tend to be leniant and let it go, as they did in my case, but anything more than a week or 2 and it would get problamatic so it is best to do the smart thing and get the renewal.

Regards,
Mesam

nasjam

Post by nasjam » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:27 pm

Mesam6 wrote:This just goes on to prove how inept the ECOs are in the first place. They don't put in the effort on reviewing cases which is why such a large number of original decisions get over turned on administrative review or appeal resulting in a waste of time and money for the poor soul who got the refusal.

I think it is BHC Islamabad that sends out the call letter and yes you have to get your TB certificate renewed. If the expiry date pases a couple of days before the day you enter the Uk, they tend to be leniant and let it go, as they did in my case, but anything more than a week or 2 and it would get problamatic so it is best to do the smart thing and get the renewal.

Regards,
Mesam
mesam...did your call in letter said (decision should be reviewed) or it said (decision overturned visa issued)

Mesam6

Post by Mesam6 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:10 pm

Hi,

The notice from the AIT said that the decision had been overturned. The BHC call letter stated that they had reviewed the decision and that I should submit my passport calong with the call letter.

Remember that in case the Home Office decides to appeal against the judge's decision, you don't get the call letter, you get a notice that says that the Home Office is appealing the judge's decision, however, my lawyer told me that htis is very rare because, firstly, the Home Office is over-stretched as it is withregards to manpower and, secondly, in case the Home Office decides the appeal then the onus is on the Home Office Presenting Officer to show that the Judge's decision is wrong and that is much more tougher to do then appealing the ECO's decision. Just meet the necessary requirememeber that as long as your docs are all legit, you meet all the requirements of your visa and have a good lawyer, the appeal hearing is likely to go your way.

Regards,
Mesam.

nasjam

Post by nasjam » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:06 pm

Mesam6 wrote:Hi,

The notice from the AIT said that the decision had been overturned. The BHC call letter stated that they had reviewed the decision and that I should submit my passport calong with the call letter.

Remember that in case the Home Office decides to appeal against the judge's decision, you don't get the call letter, you get a notice that says that the Home Office is appealing the judge's decision, however, my lawyer told me that htis is very rare because, firstly, the Home Office is over-stretched as it is withregards to manpower and, secondly, in case the Home Office decides the appeal then the onus is on the Home Office Presenting Officer to show that the Judge's decision is wrong and that is much more tougher to do then appealing the ECO's decision. Just meet the necessary requirememeber that as long as your docs are all legit, you meet all the requirements of your visa and have a good lawyer, the appeal hearing is likely to go your way.

Regards,
Mesam.

Thank you mesam.... I know HO have like 10 days to appeal against judge desicion but then people are getting two types of calling letters.... There must be difference between (decision overturend) & (Decision should be reviewed) in the call in letter

shahzad80
Member of Standing

Post by shahzad80 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:41 pm

Mesam6 wrote:Hi,

Regards,
Mesam.
Lol question of home office appeal raise when judge make a decision(allow or dismiss) appeal then home office make application on error of law.In this case there is no judge decision then why home office would appeal and against what.

Shahzad

shahzad80
Member of Standing

Post by shahzad80 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:51 pm

Yes you need one.

They is a departrment in the united kingdom named Home Office Presenting Office they deals with call letter and appeals.They have differnt offices through out uk.
Home Office Presenting Officers Unit.

BIRMINGHAM HOPO

Home Office Presenting Officer Unit

1st Floor

2308 Coventry Road

Sheldon

Birmingham

B26 3JZ

Tel: Fax: 021 700 1696

LEEDS HOPO

2nd Floor

Springfield Avenue

76 Wellington Road

Leeds

LS1 2AX

Tel: Fax: 0113 245 3472

ANGLE SQUARE HOPO

3rd Floor

Building 1

1 Torrens Street

London

EC1V 1SX

Tel: 0207 239 1701 Fax: 0207 2391 1701

GLASGOW HOPO

10th Floor

Eagle Buildings

215 Bothwell Street

Glasgow

G2 7FZ

Tel: Fax:

HANOVER HOSUE HOPO

Hanover House

Plaintree Crescent

Feltham

Middlesex

TW14 7JJ

Tel: Fax: 0208 890 6489

HARMONDSWORTH HOPO

Harmondsworth Hearing Centre

Colnbrook By Pass

Harmondsworth

Middlesex

UB7 0HB

Tel: 0208 750 4522 Fax: 0208 750 4535

They would send allowed determination to Embassy in abu dhabi(Islamabad) and then embassy would contact you through a call letter to submit passport.

If you ask yours solictor to fax copy of allowed determaintion to embassy to faster this process.

Shahzad

K44MYY

Post by K44MYY » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:37 pm

unique012 wrote:K44MYY

Congratulations, i am very happy for you :D
Salaam
Thanks unique012 and praise to Almighty Allah, My wife received her call letter to hand in passport today. Shukkar Allah ka

One questions "where is it best to hand in passport, originally I handed it at Mirpur, they then forward to Islamabad.
I was wondering if its handed in at Islamabad may get done quicker??
Any views appreciated, I know there time scales a ridiculous as they get it done quicker as thats just a guidance for them in case they go over etc.

Please people who have handed in passport after getting call letter let me know how soon they got passport back and where they handed it in.]

Thanks
K44MYY

K44MYY

Post by K44MYY » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:42 pm

shahzad80 wrote:
Yes you need one.

They is a departrment in the united kingdom named Home Office Presenting Office they deals with call letter and appeals.They have differnt offices through out uk.
Home Office Presenting Officers Unit.

Thanks Shaz, the letter actually came from Visa Section,Croydon, Appollo building.
Got letter this morning in PK.
K44MYY

K44MYY

Post by K44MYY » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:47 pm

salaam

My Mrs got call letter through today Masha Allah just need to hand in passport.

Any advise where to hand in passport and where is it stamped quickest I know the time scales but still may be quicker direct at Islamabad.
Anyone share there views and let me know where they handed it in and how long it took to get stamped. Also do you check online once its been handed in via normal procedure to find out when its ready for collection
Thanks
K44MYY

sajidmahmood

Post by sajidmahmood » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:19 pm

K44MYY wrote:salaam

My Mrs got call letter through today Masha Allah just need to hand in passport.

Any advise where to hand in passport and where is it stamped quickest I know the time scales but still may be quicker direct at Islamabad.
Anyone share there views and let me know where they handed it in and how long it took to get stamped. Also do you check online once its been handed in via normal procedure to find out when its ready for collection
Thanks
What does your call letter say? People have been getting their passports back within 2 weeks if the letter say DECISION OVERTURNED AND VISA ISSUED and may take upto 3 months if letter say, DECISION SHOULD BE REVIEWED.

Our letter said decision should be reviewed and we are waiting since 15/12/2010

I think it won't make much difference whether you submit at mirpur or islamabad because documents can be delivered in one day from one end of pakistan to other!